Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,693   Posts: 1,548,978   Online: 806

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks. Other than that issue, and the fact that I haven't completed my bio/pricing, tech, size info, etc... are there other problems/issues that I should be aware of? Sorry to take up your time...I'm new, but, I want this site to be as professional-looking as possible. Thanks.

Adam

Shooter
    Medium Format
    If anyone would review my site and off er some constructive criticism, I would really appreciate it. Thank you.

Adam

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ok, I'll bite. I have built a few web pages so I know something about design.
    The front page is very beautiful.
    Two things:
    1. Your gallery is a bit confusing. You really should name all the pictures and not use 9547.jpg and such. Also you should have lesser pictures and only your very best ones (with names). These you can rotate on a 6-month basis. Your gallery categories does not make sense to me. I do not get the Abstract Drinking glasses Modern. I suppose it should be "Drinking glasses" but the hover-bar on the right indicates that "glasses" is a separate category.

2. Your FAQ. You should NOT start with telling visitors how to buy. Tell about yourself, your process, your pictures.... If you use film tell them why. THEN you can add a point about ordering.

Just my 0.02€

r

Mats
    Digital is for communication, film is for documentation.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/studiopirilo

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Blog Entries
    hi adam

try to standardize the website " large " print size ( the image after it is clicked on )
    i have a large monitor and portrait oriented images i don't bother to scroll down if they don't fit on my screen.
    i don't think i am alone ... the web-image is just to give an idea of what the final print looks like,
    it doesn't have to be gigantic, just big enough to see ...
    i know someone who insists on having HUGE scans on his website, he insists people want to see gigantic scans to see the "quality" ...
    no yours aren't anywhere as big as his ( and that's good! )
    ... but just the same easy make the scans big enough to see the image easily on the screen, without scrolling .. scrolling is a PITA

good luck!
    john

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jnanian View Post
    hi adam

try to standardize the website " large " print size ( the image after it is clicked on )
    i have a large monitor and portrait oriented images i don't bother to scroll down if they don't fit on my screen.
    i don't think i am alone ... the web-image is just to give an idea of what the final print looks like,
    it doesn't have to be gigantic, just big enough to see ...
    i know someone who insists on having HUGE scans on his website, he insists people want to see gigantic scans to see the "quality" ...
    no yours aren't anywhere as big as his ( and that's good! )
    ... but just the same easy make the scans big enough to see the image easily on the screen, without scrolling .. scrolling is a PITA

good luck!
    john
    John,

I appreciate your advice. You're right; I'll standardize the "large" print sizes to eliminate the need for scrolling. Thank you for taking the time to review.

Adam

Shooter
    Multi Format
    By taking a quick look at it I have to guess that this is your first website. Exactly what do you want to accomplish with it?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin