Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,929   Posts: 1,585,239   Online: 901

Shooter
    Medium Format

Should I Be Shopping For ? - ?

I'm a complete novice when it comes to mounting and
    matting. For starters I think I should shop for mount
    and window board of the same size and material.

I'll have a new Logan 700-S within the next week or two
    and would like to pin down some materials with which
    to work. Source suggestions should allow for board
    cut to standard FRAME sizes. Dan

fdi
    Shooter
    35mm
    As the owner I am biased of course but you might consider Frame Destination.
    We have Mounting info here, and general framing info here (such as glass vs acrylic) as well as examples of how to put our frames together which demonstrate a simple mounting method:metal assembly & wood assembly

Even if you dont need or want to buy from us, the info should help get you started and we sell mat board with no window cut to any size you need.
    Cheers,
    Mark

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I buy my matte board and foam core (for backing) from a supply distributor in Virginia, to avoid shipping (I drive there once in a while and get 25 sheets of 32x40 of each and cut down). If doing 20x24 (a bit wasteful with the 32x40) I buy precut online, but not windowed.
    I get all my frames from Mark (posted above). Frame Destination is reliable and prompt. Good mounting and framing info on their site, too.
    It's a learn by doing and observing thing. Practice test cuts with the cutter first. You want to just penetrate the board, no deeper than necessary, and with a backing piece on the other side. Logan customer service is very helpful too, and you can get someone on the phone.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin