Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,863   Posts: 1,583,183   Online: 767

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Do the cheapest Frame Destinations mats come with any kind of backing?
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, I am running out of time as I need them for around 5/19 so I am just going to buy them off of Frame Desitinations
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

DLM
    Shooter
    35mm
    The Frame Destination mats look to be a good deal. It says on there that the backing board is separate. They recommend foamcore, but you could always use another piece of matboard w/o the window if you want instead. I guess it all depends on how you plan to mount the prints. If you order from FD, I'd at least get the Alphamat 4-ply, and wouldn't hesitate to get the 8-ply if you feel it would compliment your work well.

We, at Lodima Archival Materials are sponsors here at APUG (under "Lodima") and we have the lowest prices for museum quality board and by far the finest quality board. 100% acid-free mat board does not protect the prints as well as ArtCare Board--the only board we sell. See the article on our web site http://www.lodimaarchivalmaterials.com. The article consists of an interview with the inventor of ArtCare Board, along with results of testing that compares ArtCare Board with other 100% acid-free all rag museum board.

All of our window mats are custom cut with our computerized mat cutter to your specifications. No "standard" sizes, although since we are first and foremost photographers ourselves, we are happy to make recommendations. And we have no minimums.

Michael A. Smith

Shooter
    35mm
    Glad this thread came up. I too have a small show to get ready for, on the cheap.

fdi
    Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Ektagraphic View Post
    Do the cheapest Frame Destinations mats come with any kind of backing?
    We sell the mats and backing board separately since different people are doing different things. Under the “Components” section of our website you will find “Mat Board”, “Mount Board” and “Uncut MatBoard”. Foamcore is the least expensive option for backing board. The least expensive foamcore is regular and we also carry Bainbridge Artcare treated acid free archival quality foamcore. Our least expensive papermat board is ok for temp framing. It is made of wood pulp so it is not naturally inert. Although it is buffered so that it is acid free, it will over time return to being acidic. You might consider using the papermat and regular foamcore for your display but if anyone wants to buy a print then I would move it to Artcare foamboard and Bainbridge AlphaMat or AlphaRag mat boards which are made of alpha cellulose or cotton rag (naturally inert materials). These mat boards are also buffered and treated with the Artcare process so they are museum quality.

Cheers,
    Mark

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Another thumb up for Frame Destination. Great prices and service with a huge choice in sizes.

http://www.framedestination.com/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin