Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,968   Posts: 1,558,497   Online: 1082

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Ikea has cheap frames.....

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I checked them out online.. I only found nice small frames or large 'poster' frames. The poster frames are cheaply made and have no matting.
    Perhaps I missed something though.
    Go not to the elves for counsel, for they will say both yes and no.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I just bought a batch of frames from American Frame. I've used their products for years and have been very happy with both the products and the service they provide.

16x20 aluminum sectional frames, with standard plexiglass glazing, are $17.34 plus shipping. I provide my own matt and mount boards.
    Louie

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by darinwc View Post
    I checked them out online.. I only found nice small frames or large 'poster' frames. The poster frames are cheaply made and have no matting.
    Perhaps I missed something though.
    i have never looked on line, but the store in Brooklyn NY (and I would think all of there stores) have a large selection of frames

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BenZucker View Post
    i have never looked on line, but the store in Brooklyn NY (and I would think all of there stores) have a large selection of frames
    Thanks for the update. I will check them out soon. But I will have to set a full day aside. Every time I go to Ikea it seems to suck up the whole day.
    Go not to the elves for counsel, for they will say both yes and no.

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Images
    I use American Frame also for the standard Neilsen sectional aluminum frame. They do offer a free custom cut window mat with each frame.

For glass, you can order a box of Tru Vue premium clear from your glass store/framing store. The glass is clean and doesn't require washing. Also is cheap, about $60 for 23 sheets of 16x20, if I remember correctly.

Jon
    Mendocino Coast Black and White Photography: www.jonshiu.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    What is inexpensive in your mind?

Here is a place I use:

http://www.framefit.com/

They custom make frames for me.

Here is another:

http://www.kjelshusframedesign.com/

Cheap/Expensive, either, your client sees everyday. What is the message you want to convey with your art?
    Bill Clark

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Check out: http://www.aswexpress.com/Default.aspx the Ambiance Gallery Deep Wood Frames

They do not come with mats (I cut my own), but if you are looking for pre-cut mats, those are available from a lot of places separately. ASW has sales constantly that you can be notified about by email. I buy in their Box of 4
    package that is less expensive in the first place, and is discounted even more during sales. I've had to buy up to 20 frames at a time for shows, so I've been very very careful about prices. These are not heirloom frames you might want for your own living room (though I have them in mine), but they're fine for gallery exhibits, and as basic framing for sales. The glazing is very thin plexi, and very vulnerable to scratches, but with careful handling, you can save a great deal with these materials and still mount a fine looking photograph.
    John Voss

My Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If you are near an IKEA, they have some simple black or white wood frames, including pre-cut mat and glass, at very low prices.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The IKEAs here have simple inexpensive frames, but the mats aren't necessarily useful.

The larger mats are cut to fit either 8.5"x11" photos, or a larger size which is either digitally oriented, or a European size, or something else I don't recognize. They are either too wide or too long to use with 11"x14" photos.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin