Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,953   Posts: 1,522,774   Online: 993

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

website redesign critique

Any interested folks are invited to take a peruse of my redesigned site and provide some feedback. The URL is a beta URL - when the site is finalized, I'll be moving it to my preferred URL, so don't bookmark this:

http://scottdavis.visualserver.com/index.cfm

Anything and everything is fair game, from colors and fonts to organization of the site and the images within the categories. I haven't added any text pages yet, but those are coming.

Many thanks in advance!

Shooter
    35mm
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I have a 24" monitor at 1900 x1200 and the images seem too small. The thumbnails are especially tiny on my old(er) eyes. If I use the zoom feature of Firefox images start to pixelate, so maybe an increase of the size would help, especially given the images which are nice .... I notice, too, that you have prices to sell prints and I think a higher quality image preview would help potential buyers.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    great images of course but I find the thumbnails and final images to small.
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

"civility is not a sign of weakness" JFK

"The Dude abides" - the Dude

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I too, find things too small. Otherwise, it's a nice comfortable and atractive site.
    Bruce

Moma don't take my Kodachrome away!
    Oops, Kodak just did!

BruceCSdunekPhotography.zenfolio.com

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Scott

I like the site and do not think the images are too small. Hit the enlarge button and they come up very nicely.
    I have no negative comments as this site is very easy to navigate and close out.
    I am not sure what I would change

Bob

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    - Titles of images should be more clearly separated from the "details". Preferably bold directly below the image, and details below it separated by an empty line if you really want to include them

- Title of image should be more prominent than title of gallery in my opinion. It is the other way around here, as the title of the gallery uses a bigger font than that of the image.

- Add a full automatic slide show function to go through slide galleries, besides Next and Previous buttons. I hate clicking each time to open a new image, and for people with RSI, it is a nightmare.

- Don't use to many levels of galleries. I prefer just 1, but two is an absolute maximum, as it makes the site highly confusing if there are more than two.

I like the "More portfolios" menu style access to the two level gallery structure. Keep it, and maybe make it more visible
    My website

"The nineteenth century began by believing that what was reasonable was true, and it wound up by believing that what it saw a photograph of, was true." - William M. Ivins Jr.

"I don't know, maybe we should disinvent color, and we could just shoot Black & White." - David Burnett in 1978

"Analog is chemistry + physics, digital is physics + math, which ones did you like most?"

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    After a while I found that I had to click twice to get the pictures in the largest resolution. It might be easier to just having to click them once.

Otherwise a very nice website, and great pictures!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I'll have to re-scan all my images to get them bigger - most of them were sized for uploading to APUG. I don't know if it will do anything to the thumbnail size - I can't set that. It's a shortcoming of the site template design. Slideshow option is something else to pass along to the site template designers as a request- I don't know that it is currently available.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A few things...don't ever take over the browser from the user. When clicking on an image, the browser goes to full screen removing the menus and nav buttons of the browser. A basic web design UI no-no.

Also, clicking on More Portfolios at the bottom left of an image page, overlays the choices right on top of any other text on that page.

Shooter
    35mm
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PVia View Post
    A few things...don't ever take over the browser from the user. When clicking on an image, the browser goes to full screen removing the menus and nav buttons of the browser. A basic web design UI no-no.
    +1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin