Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,712   Posts: 1,482,986   Online: 812

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Thanks for the reminder. I have had an order with them for over 3 months now, I forgot about it. I had them cancel the order.

Oh, the mighty have fallen.
    Robert Hall
    www.RobertHall.com
    www.RobertHall.com/mobile
    Apug Portfolio
    Facebook Profile

Technology is not a panacea. It alone will not move your art forward. Only through developing your own aesthetic - free from the tools that create it - can you find new dimension to your work.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bdial View Post
    Another source to consider is University Products which is in MA, I know a few people who use them regularly.
    http://www.universityproducts.com/

Though I bought some stuff from L.I. long ago, and was satisfied then, I've seen so many similar reports about their customer service, I don't have any intention of buying from them again.
    i've bought from them
    they are good ...

i've never bought from LI,
    and chances are i never will ...

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    why not just buy from somewhere else if you are not happy, moaning to us will not help you any.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Scott.... try www.documounts.com They'll hook you up. They are fast, responsive and their website kicks @$$. They take custom orders on mat cutting, and frames, and have tons of supplies.
    Please check out my website www.amoxomphotography.com and APUG Portfolio .....

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggysk8 View Post
    why not just buy from somewhere else if you are not happy, moaning to us will not help you any.
    Shaggy-

I AM ordering from someone else. The point was not to as you so nicely put it "moan", but rather to hopefully save someone else the agony and/or get the attention of someone at Light Impressions so they realize they're cutting off their nose to spite their face by skimping on the customer service to "save" a buck or two.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I don't know if these guys have L-pins, but I've used them in a pinch when Light Impressions didn't have what I needed:

http://www.archivalmethods.com/

Good luck.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Scott,

I did some looking around, Freestyle has them on their web site. Have them check stock and order. If you have any problems let me know.

Jan Pietrzak

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Well at least when Light Impressions decided to go downhill, they went all the way.

Roger

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    For me, Light Impressions used to give decent service when they were in Rochester, NY. But since they moved to the West Coast, they've gotten pretty sloppy, not to mention the increased cost of shipping from there to Puerto Rico. I rarely order anything from them now.
    Eddy McDonald
    www.fotoartes.com
    Eschew defenestration!

fdi
    Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Sim2 View Post
    Don't know the company but sounds a bit like they order from their suppliers only when the have got an order themselves, the classic stock on demand theory. Works fine as long as your own suppliers can supply within a short time span.
    I can’t see how that model would possibly work unless you only sold to distributors and large retailers that had a large stock themselves and would order long enough in advance that you could fulfill their order before they ran out of stock. We have many customers that often need items in just a day or two.

Cheers,
    Mark

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin