Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,663   Posts: 1,481,648   Online: 794

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Maybe Ive gotten lucky but Im based in sydney australia and order the archival renaissance tissue from light impressions and have never had a problem with supply from them.
    "Its my profession to hijack time" ~ Stephen Frizza.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingCamera View Post
    Bill-

the issue was not a matter of ordering something custom - I'd be far more understanding of a delay in providing the item if it were custom. But this was a very simple communications issue revolving around what SHOULD be a stock item that they buy from a supplier. Regardless of the cause, it speaks to at best very poor inventory management on LI's part- if they know that the lead time to get replacement for a given item from the manufacturer is 6 weeks, then they need to manage their inventory so that they order again when they have a six week supply remaining. They also need to do sufficient inventory tracking such that when an order comes in for something that is in fact out of stock, they notify the customer within a reasonable period of time and offer the customer options on how to handle the shortfall. Because they have done none of the above, they've lost a good repeat customer.
    LI backorders silly stuff that they should have in stock..period. Film envelopes, crystal bags for prints which they backordered every time I tried to buy them. I never got a complete order from them. There are lots of other places, the prices are good and the websites easier to search...

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Freestyle has them....

North America just north of that sharp right turn North America makes on the Atlantic coast.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have only used Light Impressions once, I was not impressed with their delivery lead times, the products were good though.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I'm definitely not faulting them on the quality of their products - it's just everything else about ordering from them is a pain in the ass.

We are sponsors of APUG. We stock highest quality mat board (ArtCare) no minimums, cut custom overmats (no minimums), have extremely low prices. We also stock negative and print storage boxes and negative folders from archival paper (much better than negative envelopes). Take a look: www.lodimaarchivalmaterials.com

Michael A. Smith

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    wish i had read this post before i placed an order last week. just called to check on the order ( 1 JAR of rennisance wax ) and was told that it was on back order , a jar of wax, give me a break, cancled the order and will never from them again.
    mitch
    Last edited by mitch brown; 06-25-2010 at 02:36 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: misspell
    mitch brown

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by wager123 View Post
    wish i had read this post before i placed an order last week. just called to check on the order ( 1 JAR of Rennisance wax ) and was told that it was on back order , a jar of wax, give me a break, cancled the order and will never order from them again.
    mitch
    Well, the Renaissance was a long time ago; maybe it's getting scarce.:rolleyes:
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    well i never said i could spell.
    mitch brown

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by wager123 View Post
    well i never said i could spell.
    Hey no problem-I'm just trying to figure out why it's apparently so scarce.

I new whot you ment.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin