Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,330   Posts: 1,537,198   Online: 857

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I paid $300.00 to have my website designed by the same company that host the site. Great service and they maintain the site for a monthly charge.

http://www.dudleyviolins.com
    "Generalizations are made because they are generally true"
    Flicker http://www.flickr.com/photos/stradibarrius
    Barry
    Monroe, GA

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnywalker View Post
    My wife uses Clikpic for her art work. The whole process went flawlessly and we can both highly recommend it. http://www.jcstudioart.net/
    I would add that clikpic does have built in payment gateway for paypal although its not used in this example and they don't take a cut for providing the service. i.e. the transaction remains between you, your client and paypal which is not the case with some of the online photo site hosts.
    Last edited by tlitody; 07-06-2010 at 12:03 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    4x5 Format

cheap alternative

a paypal equipped site for photographers can be purchased for $40 at

http://www.flashcomponents.net/compo...te_paypal.html

I'm using it and it's pretty easy to setup and maintain. trouble is, if it's not exactly what you want, you have to talk to the creator.
    Bill

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by williamtheis View Post
    a paypal equipped site for photographers can be purchased for $40 at

http://www.flashcomponents.net/compo...te_paypal.html

I'm using it and it's pretty easy to setup and maintain. trouble is, if it's not exactly what you want, you have to talk to the creator.
    There will be a lot of photographers winging and moaning that their beloved website doesn't work on IPads. He said, rubbing his hands together with glee at the prospect of many photographers having their sites rewritten in css and html so that they work on an IPad.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Excellent point about Flash for websites.

Apple doesn't support it, seems intent on abandoning it and IIRC Adobe is working on a non-Flash software. Given the increasing prevalence of Apple, that should tell you which way things are trending.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin Corneau View Post

Apple doesn't support it, seems intent on abandoning it and IIRC Adobe is working on a non-Flash software. Given the increasing prevalence of Apple, that should tell you which way things are trending.
    And Apple bought & own Macromedia, the originators of Flash.

Apple are possible the most evil of all companies in computing.

Ian

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin Corneau View Post

I think apple will support it but not until adobe produce a less processor intensive version. The issue for IPads is the battery consumption and flash will use that up pretty quick at 24 frames per second. The battery in an IPad would get much shortened useable time when playing any video so its not really a flash issue at all, its a battery issue for apple to sort out. But if you want super light and slim that's a problem. But having said that flash has been getting more processor intensive in the last couple of major releases (9 and 10). This likely due to a big increase in the use of actionscript which is like javascript in that it can be very processor and memory intensive if not written well.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post
    And Apple bought & own Macromedia, the originators of Flash.

Apple are possible the most evil of all companies in computing.

Ian
    No they didn't. Adobe bought Macromedia.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    SimpleViewer is easy and free, with the Pro version very inexpensive so you can customize it. But as others have said, since it is Flash based, Apple handheld devices will not support it. I currently use SimpleViewer Pro, but am looking at abandoning it and moving to HTML5 to change my site.
    www.gregorytdavis.com

Did millions of people suddenly disappear? This may have an answer.

"No one knows that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." -Matthew 24:36

Shooter
    Medium Format
    My first photography site I created myself using html/css. However, I found updating pictures was quite laborious and I was spending too much time at the computer making changes to the site. I've also considered a custom site done by a Web Design company, but found them quite expensive especially with the on-going costs for hosting/support. Since then, I've used ifp3 with great affect, they are reasonably cheap and provide an admin interface which is pretty self explanatory. They have lots of different templates to choose from and also they support Ecommerce, SEO, site stats which is neat. My only gripe is there is a limitation on the customisation of your site such as adding ads etc.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin