Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,949   Posts: 1,585,943   Online: 959

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

ok my first portfolio is up! Critiques?

So feel free to tear me a new one.... I've been shooting for 4 months.

Any constructive criticism is more then welcome... I very much value the opinions of other photographers, probably more then anyone. I'm new at this so your advice is absolutely appreciated!

thanks in advance for taking the time to look

here she is:

http://www.wix.com/destroiphotograph...oi-photography

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Not the kind of stuff I shoot myself so difficult to coment on it technically but I really enjoyed looking at it. Lots of energy and a great subject to work with.
    We don't see alot of this area of photography around here so very well done !

Bill
    Digital photography is like virtual sex........ you never actually touch the real thing..... or get your hands dirty

Shooter
    Medium Format
    "So feel free to tear me a new one...."

That's not my job here or anywhere. I have adopted the Toastmasters philosophy of evaluation, start out with a couple of positive thoughts, give at most two areas to work on as recommendations for improvement to incorporate next time, finally, end on a high note and conclude by inviting (the photographer in this case) back again to submit more pics.

Nice job! I like how you brought me into the event. And you did it with your camera! Wonderful! When my son was young he went to a few of these as well.

Recommendation for next time, submit more photographs!

I like what you did and I'd like to see more of your art. I like your web site!

Nice to have you here on APUG.
    Bill Clark

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Wow! Great documentation of a culture I will (hopefully) never see first hand.
    If I had been present at the creation, I would have given some useful hints for the better arrangement of the Universe.
    Alfonso the Wise, 1221-1284

Shooter
    35mm
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Nice pit photos! Being an old metalhead, I have to say well done. I realize this is probably more a hardcore scene, but you get my drift!

Up The Irons!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Great depiction of the raw energy and frenzy of the band and crowd! I would imagine you shot a lot more images than we see here. What made you choose the gallery images over others, beyond exposure and other technical considerations?

Back in the 70's I did a lot of rock concert photography and understand the constraints you must have been under. Exposure is always difficult as well as trying to keep the grain down due to push processing. What film did you use and did you push it at all? Seems like you might have used flash for some of the shots.

Great project and I am anxious to see you flesh it out.

Bad Dog (aka Eric)
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

"civility is not a sign of weakness" JFK

"The Dude abides" - the Dude

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Holy full frontal flash batman. Having said that, it works well with the subject matter.

Shooter
    Large Format
    i went to a lot of shows like this back in the 1980s
    and this is exactly what i remember it being like.
    great work!
    john

Shooter
    35mm
    It is flash..

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Like the physicality of it. It's always a question of access with these kind of documentations of a musical subculture. To most of the audience here (Eric rose excepted), these seem exotic because we're old farts that don't go to heavy metal concerts. So you can expect a certain fascination there. But that is only a first step. Two questions could further your work:
    What is my intended audience? The scene, the populace at large, newspaper readers, the art market?
    And in the context of my intended viewership, what do I want to show them? Is it some insider feeling? Or do I want to present the participants as out-of-their-heads freaks?
    Essentially, are you within or outside looking in?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin