Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,536   Posts: 1,544,215   Online: 861

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Eric:

I enjoyed my visit to your site.

When you first click on the link, you get "Welcome to the Frontpage" in the tabs of my tabbed browser (Firefox). If you click on any of the internal links, the name of those links shows in the tabs.

It would be really good if "Eric Rose" appeared in some or all of those tabs.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm not going to criticize your site but wanted to say that the photography is really excellent. Nice going.
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    Eric:

I enjoyed my visit to your site.

When you first click on the link, you get "Welcome to the Frontpage" in the tabs of my tabbed browser (Firefox). If you click on any of the internal links, the name of those links shows in the tabs.

Ya that's been bugging me too. I have to figure out how to change it.

Thanks for the compliments Curt and Matt. If the people here like my stuff them maybe there is hope for after all.
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

"civility is not a sign of weakness" JFK

"The Dude abides" - the Dude

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I'm a graphic designer (and just a hobbiest photograher) so my perspective might be a bit different.

I feel you still need to develop some kind of brand. That doesn't mean an over-the-top logo, but you need something IMO. Yep, a graphic isn't as good for google indexing, but the current site title looks terrible and detracts from your image as a fine art photographer.

It's screaming for some nice typography which will add a sense of branding and ultimately credibility. Photos are wonderful - but the overall 'brand' is ordinary to me. Sorry if this sounds harsh.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mesh View Post
    I'm a graphic designer (and just a hobbiest photograher) so my perspective might be a bit different.

I feel you still need to develop some kind of brand. That doesn't mean an over-the-top logo, but you need something IMO. Yep, a graphic isn't as good for google indexing, but the current site title looks terrible and detracts from your image as a fine art photographer.

It's screaming for some nice typography which will add a sense of branding and ultimately credibility. Photos are wonderful - but the overall 'brand' is ordinary to me. Sorry if this sounds harsh.
    Great observation. Maybe you can send me some examples of what you mean.
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Honey I shrunk the Images, LOL. Anyway the image galleries should load faster now. I hope I haven't lost to much detail etc.

Now to start work on the descriptions.
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Eric,
    Nice job so far. One thing I noticed is that when you click on the bottom navigation to go through the portfolios, <Prev or Next> navigates opposite from what the user would expect, given the navigation list on the left side of the page. <Prev goes down the list and Next> goes up, I'd change that. One other thing, I'd lose the file size on the thumbnails if you can figure that out, just to clean the page up.

Nice job on the site and great photos too!

Adam

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Thanks Adam. I have no control over how it places the prev/next links unfortunately. I might adopt a different gallery system in the future but this one works for "now".

I have figured out how to add descriptions and eliminate the file sizes. A project for the next couple of days.

I appreciate everyone taking the time to check things out and give me some constructive feedback.
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Rose View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post

Ya that's been bugging me too. I have to figure out how to change it.
    The text in a Firefox tab is just the page title for the page in that tab. Change the TITLE element for the page to contain your name and it is done.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DLawson View Post
    The text in a Firefox tab is just the page title for the page in that tab. Change the TITLE element for the page to contain your name and it is done.
    The entire page is generated on he fly using Joomla, php, and mysql. In the old days it was easy to change the title, but for this one page it's a bit more complicated now. Still working on it.
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin