Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,699   Posts: 1,549,136   Online: 1148

View Poll Results: How many of your prints are framed?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • none

2 40.00%
  • <10

0 0%
  • <25

1 20.00%
  • <100

0 0%
  • >100

2 40.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Framed Prints

Geelong & Castlemaine, Victoria, Australia
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Every one of my Ilfochrome Classic photographs are framed, to the Museum Grade Conservation Standard.
    At last count it was 204; I'd have to forage through records to up that number with sold prints.
    There are many more just matted and wrapped (some people like to have their own choice in framing).
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

A comfort zone is a wonderful place. But nothing ever grows there.
    —Anon.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, it seems that you can vote for more than a hundred, or none. I'm the none -- really it should be less than 10, but that option doesn't work for the poll.
    Rachelle

My favorite thing is to go where I've never been. D. Arbus

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Several hundred that I'm sure of but I've been at this a very long time.
    Denise Libby

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Jason

Can you inform Sean about this bug about polls. Some of the buttons are not selectable.
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Geelong & Castlemaine, Victoria, Australia
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I noticed that bug too. I clicked >100, but it returned an error that I have to make a selection to make the vote count (or something).
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

A comfort zone is a wonderful place. But nothing ever grows there.
    —Anon.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The radio buttons still don't work - - -

I have a collection of frames that I use to rotate the selection of framed prints. At any one time I have about 20 prints in frames, but over the years several hundred have been framed.
    Louie

Shooter
    35mm
    It's probably around 100, give or take, with a portion of them being duplicates. My walls are filled with family photos and an abundance of watercolor paintings done by my wife's grandfather, so for right now, I don't have much gallery space. I mostly give my framed prints to friends and family as gifts, though I have sold a few. I have about 40 - 50 of them at home, and I drag them out to show to anyone that is interested, and even to some who aren't. Storing them becomes an issue, and since almost all use the same sized frames, I'm contemplating building a slotted floor to ceiling storage rack to keep them all in.

Regards,

Dave

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Seventeen, but only 12 different images. Five are in my house, the rest are at relatives or friends homes. I could add 4 more if Crate and Barrel coasters count.;>)

Neal Wydra

Shooter
    35mm
    I think he is aware of it, but I will check. There is a bit of a "bug backlog" right now, but things are getting caught up.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RalphLambrecht View Post
    Just out of interest:

How many of your prints (as far as you know) are currently mounted, matted and framed, hanging on walls somewhere?
    I thought I had responded to this... must be another instance of deciding not to pull the trigger.

I estimate somewhere between 100-150 matted and/or framed prints. I only wish I had sold as many. I have a terrible habit of giving away prints... friends, family, associates... Every year I do a large-ish print run for the principals of whatever show I happen to be involved with. (for last year's Evita I did 35 4x5 contact prints of an antique microphone... very kitschy. ) I keep telling myself that some day this will lead to actual paying customers. Ironically, most of the prints that I have sold (souvenir snaps for actors and crew) have been neither mounted or framed.
    Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada

Ansel Adams had the Zone System... I'm working on the points system. First I points it here, and then I points it there...

http://tom-overton-images.weebly.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin