Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 76,335   Posts: 1,682,094   Online: 976

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Cesaraugusta View Post
    If developing prints in lieu of scanning negatives is looked down upon here, I can only say I wandered into the wrong section of the forum. If my opinions are rejected or considered too outrageous, that's cool.
    I don't recall anyone in this thread saying anything to disparage the making of wet prints. Why would they? What has been said by many is that, if posting scans of wet prints is difficult for any reason, it is fine to post basic scans of negatives (with the understanding that nobody is going to be able to comment on your analog printing skills).

If looking at neg scans offends you, look away.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by iandavid View Post
    . . . . If looking at neg scans offends you, look away.

Ian
    I made that quite clear in my first post.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Cesaraugusta View Post
    I made that quite clear in my first post.
    So why aren't you just looking away? Seems you are trying here to impose your problems on everyone else ...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MaximusM3 View Post
    Let's face it, not every negative is worth printing .
    If it's not worth printing, it's not worth scanning and uploading to the gallery.

I say scan the print. Period.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    If i had to scan prints, i would need PS skills to recreate the thing from the various smaller parts the scanner can handle, use PS skills to match the tone and contrast of those parts first, and use more PS skills to make the scan look like the print. Period.
    I don't believe it to be much different for anyone else.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by iandavid View Post
    So why aren't you just looking away? Seems you are trying here to impose your problems on everyone else ...
    If I recall, there was once room for differing opinions on the forum. It would sadden me to learn that I am no longer allowed to post my own opinion, and that I must agree not to disagree to avoid being harassed.

I have no power here. I'm at the mercy of the moderators. If you tell them you won't tolerate dissenting opinions in this thread, I might be banished to a "dark room" . . . forever.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Well, I finally uploaded a few pictures from scanned negatives.

Cesaraugusta, I don't look down on wet development. I admire it, and I think that most do the same.

Shooter
    Large Format
    If I recall, there was once room for differing opinions on the forum. It would sadden me to learn that I am no longer allowed to post my own opinion, and that I must agree not to disagree to avoid being harassed.
    i agree there are plenty of so called photography forums that are run like a police state, apug has avoided such temptations so far

A bathroom is equipped with all the necessary fittings, including being spill-resistant and easily cleaned.

Many moons ago, i spilled some developer on a bedroom carpet. It had to be taken out and replaced.
    i live in stupid england and they seem to like putting carpets in bathrooms , so a spill is going to be bad anywhere in my crummy apartment

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PVia View Post
    If it's not worth printing, it's not worth scanning and uploading to the gallery.

I say scan the print. Period.
    I shoot transparencies 100% of the time (b+w dr5 reverse processed). These are my 'finished' work, not a print. Does that mean that I shouldn't scan these for posting to the gallery?

Cheers,
    Gavin

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Sounds very much like some would like to ban the gallery from APUG. Too Hybridphoto, i guess...

Perhaps they should also use a quill and ink to share their thoughts about this thread's topic?

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin