Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,977   Posts: 1,523,675   Online: 1178

cmo
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images

Mounting very large prints?

Sometime I have to exhibit photos. Now I have a project for a non-profit organisation, e.g. the budget is tiny - but the prints need to be large. Squaring the circle is never easy...

My prints will be color and b/w prints on RC paper, some of them will be very large, e.g. 2 meters by 1 meter (ca. 6 by 3 feet).

What could be a good method to mount and present these photos without spending a fortune? And did I mention that I am all thumbs?
    The future belongs to the few of us still willing to get our hands smell like fixing bath.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It depends on the weight & rigidity you need. Ply wood or MDF work well, spray paint the edges matt black, the lighter option is Kappa board, this is a foam board very light. You can also use aluminium sheet.

Either way you use 3M spray mount adhesive to bond the print to the board, making sure you have the permanent type. With wood most sores will cut to size, with Kappa board often people trim board& print after mounting.

Ian

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin