Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,698   Posts: 1,549,096   Online: 1117

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote: The problem with the links in rapidweaver, is that their color is tied to the the topbar (which I find horrible), so it was a compromise. End Quote

Go into the CSS and do your changes there if you can.
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

"civility is not a sign of weakness" JFK

"The Dude abides" - the Dude

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I would love to... but how do I do that? I'm no html buff.
    Kind Regards
    Mads

Shooter
    Medium Format
    If I'm forced to criticise, I would prefer the play/pause/forward palette, (not sure what it's called technically), to be below the images not over the bottom of them. However, I only posted to say how much I like your photographs. Nice work!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I would prefer simple buttons, without flash.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Mike and Q.G. I would actually prefer simple buttons without flash as well, but since I'm a novice at html coding, I'm stuck with the ideosyncrasies of rapidweaver. It does either flash or shows the pictures as thumbnails. And the thumbnail option simply looks ridiculous.
    Mike thanks for your kind words. How did you make your website? I really like the layout of it.

Kind Regards
    Mads

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    The photographs are beautiful.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Thanks Rorye.

Kind Regards
    Mads

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by loman View Post
    How did you make your website? I really like the layout of it.
    Hello Mads
    I know as much about making websites as flying jumbo jets! A friend who was learning web design a few months ago did it for me. We collaborated on design and I took her advice in most instances. Will ask her about what programme it was done on and PM you the details.

Best wishes
    Mike

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Thanks Mike.
    That's much appreciated.
    Kind Regards
    Mads

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think that the issues you are encountering have everything to do with using a template driven program that is designed to protect you from the underlying code. One option to consider is to look at other templates, there are a bunch available on the developer's web site at http://www.realmacsoftware.com/rapidweaver/. I personally use Coda, it is available at http://www.panic.com/coda/. It is a really amazing program, but it does require a decent level of familiarity with the code. I am by no means a code expert, however, and I am really happy with Coda, so if you are feeling kinda adventurous and want to give it a whirl, it might be worth a try. Also, a simple book or web based CSS tutorial might help a lot. You could find out where your css file lives and go in and just change the text color, and anything else you want. I don't know how Rapidweaver handles it if an underlying file is edited outside of the program, however, so that is something that could trip you up.

The web site in my signature was built using a flash template system and I am going to get rid of it as soon as I can. I did build http://reframingfamily.com using Coda plus a couple of downloadable scripts for the slideshow on the home page and the gallery page.

Good luck!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin