Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,054   Posts: 1,561,287   Online: 1216

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images

critique of my new website.

Hi everybody.

I finally finished redoing my website.

http://www.madshartmann.com

I would love some critique, positive or negative.
    I took quite a bit of time doing this (Not considering the few hundred hours it took to print the photographs on the website).

Thanks in advance

Mads

Shooter
    Multi Format
    After I click photograph on the menu, you have the info for the different gallery on the right, i wish those were click-able links too.

The photos are slightly too big, i have a 15 wide screen and 17 inch square, both slightly too wide.

About could be a little longer.

Good job, over all its simple, and most importantly, it works.
    - Derek
    [ Insert meaningless camera listing here ]

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    When you click on commercial it takes you to a blank screen.

On the about page the link to the album is black which makes it to hard to see. Actually all your clickable links are black. Since you are using a rapidweaver template this should be easy to fix.

The images are a bit to tall as I had to scroll up and down to see the entire image.

Takes to long for the photo navigation icon to come up at the bottom of the first image of each set. Not really self evident on how you get from the first image to the next.

Beyond that nice site.
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

"civility is not a sign of weakness" JFK

"The Dude abides" - the Dude

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    When I click on photographs, that's what I want, not a menu with information. In other words, from the time I get to your site, it shouldn't take more than a click to get to some pictures. I'd try to save the explanations for each portfolio in some kind of "info" option that can be clicked with the pictures, or for the end of the portfolio. Also, a few portfolios only have about three or so pix in them... all very nice, but unless you have about 10 or 12, then I'd skip adding those pix to your site until you have enough for each portfolio to feel complete. Very nice work, by the way.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Black on dark grey???
    You don't want people to find and follow the links?

I hate when a link opens a new instance of the browser. If people go to see a new page, they have little to no use for the old page. So display the new page in the exisiting browser instance. Even if the link leads to an outside page.
    And if we want/need to go back, we all have a "back" button.

And flash... Why can't i decide how long i want to watch an image myself?
    Last edited by Q.G.; 09-24-2010 at 10:52 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Flash crashed, first time I've experienced that.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I like it, but I did have a hard time reading some of the text, especially the link text which is pretty close to the background color on my monitor. Actually, I would like more contrast for all the text, I found it was tiring to read.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Thanks everybody for the insightful critique. I have some changes coming up. The problem with the links in rapidweaver, is that their color is tied to the the topbar (which I find horrible), so it was a compromise.
    Anyway there's a lot of changes to do.
    I'll report here when it's done.

Thanks again.

Mads

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    So I changed quite a lot of stuff. Made the resolution smaller (photographs are now all 660x495), so it should be watchable at almost all computers without bars. Also the pictures should load quicker.
    Acces to photographs is more direct now. and last but not least there are a few more of them.
    What do you all think?

http://www.madshartmann.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Better
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin