Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,291   Posts: 1,535,421   Online: 779

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I'm also on Wordpress. It's easy to install and easy to extend. There are lots of handy, free plug-ins if you don't want to do coding.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by clay View Post
    I rebuilt my whole site earlier this year using Wordpress and Thesis framework. I wrote a series of articles about all of it that you can read here.

It is a very capable and flexible approach that makes adding content very easy. I am a fan.
    Clay,

Thanks for pointing me in the direction of your articles. I was interested to learn of your use of Adobe Lightwave as I had not considered that approach. Could you describe in more detail how you apply Lightwave in your workflow from the scanning end; considering you're starting off with an analogue product in the form of a negative or print?

Tom

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Alec Soth just revamped his site using Wordpress and it looks good.
    www.gregorytdavis.com

Did millions of people suddenly disappear? This may have an answer.

"No one knows that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." -Matthew 24:36

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Another fan of wordpress here (www.davideisenlord.com), I used a theme from www.thethemefoundry.com but would also recommend Clay's suggestion of Thesis as it's very flexible.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by deisenlord View Post
    Another fan of wordpress here (www.davideisenlord.com), I used a theme from www.thethemefoundry.com but would also recommend Clay's suggestion of Thesis as it's very flexible.
    David,

How do you see your theme in relation to 'Thesis'?

Tom

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Tom,
    I believe Thesis allows more customization without coding but it might take you a bit longer to get started. Thesis is really more like a "platform" or "framework" for a theme, rather than a hard coded theme. If that makes any sense.

ROL
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Kershaw View Post
    The context here is that I need to re-build my photography website in due course within the next few months, having built a simple site with hand coded HTML back in 2006-2008 that hasn't been updated since and doesn't meet my current criteria; meaning I'm happy to start from scratch in design and technology terms.
    I did exactly this earlier this year using Word Press and Zenphoto after 5 years of a relatively dead, hard to update HTML self-coded site. WP oriented content management systems (CMS) make updating gallery content a breeze, while the "blogging" features can keep your site alive and current. No $ output to create the site in terms of software using my existing host, plenty of help on line, and a vigorous user community have made me a fan. Most web savvy gurus seem now to be recommending blogging tools over web-design software for site construction of all kinds.

You can see my results here.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Thanks to Clay and Ike, I'm a Wordpress user as well. I revamped my site earlier this year (thanks, Ike!), but it's still not complete. I've had other priorities come up in the mean time...
    Kerik Kouklis
    Platinum/Gum/Collodion
    www.kerik.com
    2014 Workshop Schedule Online

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    My website is on Wordpress, based around a premium theme from www.prophotoblogs.com

I would have no hesitation whatsoever in recommending the theme. Well worth the money for the time it saves messing with code. It is also VERY easy to customise.

Ciaran

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    So ROL, what did you use for the gallery portion of the site? I think my beef with using blog software for this kind of thing is that it ends up looking like a blog, i.e. posts by date and category. Most of the examples I've seen, including the ones at the prophotoblogs site, follow in this vein. Which is great if you want a photoblog kind of thing...

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin