Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,943   Posts: 1,557,622   Online: 1197

Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161721 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by elinord View Post
    I've ordered from Light Impressions once before, and my experience was fine. This time my order was past due so I called their 800 number to see what had happened. I was told my merchandise was on backorder and would not arrive for another 6 weeks or longer - they had no way to know when their supplier would ship it. The problem is I was charged immediately, and never notified of the backorder status. I called my credit card company and disputed the charge, and they are going to give me credit. It's hard to understand why customers would not at least be notified if their order could not be filled. Now I see this is a recurring problem; really too bad.
    This has been a common occurrence and common response from this company.
    I too was recently burned by Light Impressions. I filed a complaint with the BBB in Los Angeles as well as the California Attorney General's office on 3/12/11.

The company has failed to respond to the BBB's inquiries and they have since closed their file. However, I'm hoping that the Calif. AG will do something. But the only way for that to happen I believe is for those individuals that have been wronged is to step-up and file complaints with the BBB and the attorney general.

Los Angeles Better Business Bureau http://www.la.bbb.org/Home.aspx

California Attorney General http://ag.ca.gov/consumers/general.php

Light Impressions still sends me email regarding sales promotions, etc. but I'll never do business with them again. I'm still waiting for them to refund my $136

Shooter
    35mm
    Yeah I ordered mat board back in the first week of December 2010 then found out it was back ordered and called to have it canceled and they told me it would take up to two weeks to get the refund back. I called a month later, two three and now it have been five months and i have still not gotten my refund back. but i still get emails from them asking me to buy stuff.

After multiple times of people never picking up the phone i called today and finallly spoke to someone and told them and they said they are supposed to be sending out checks the end of this month and that she would email her supervisor to let him know i called. This is the same thing they said 2 months ago.

So until i get my money i will call evertime i get an email from them and maybe they'll get the message!

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Perhaps you should also contact the AG office in California.
    www.gregorytdavis.com

Did millions of people suddenly disappear? This may have an answer.

"No one knows that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." -Matthew 24:36

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by B_barney3 View Post
    Yeah I ordered mat board back in the first week of December 2010 then found out it was back ordered and called to have it canceled and they told me it would take up to two weeks to get the refund back. I called a month later, two three and now it have been five months and i have still not gotten my refund back. but i still get emails from them asking me to buy stuff.

After multiple times of people never picking up the phone i called today and finallly spoke to someone and told them and they said they are supposed to be sending out checks the end of this month and that she would email her supervisor to let him know i called. This is the same thing they said 2 months ago.

So until i get my money i will call evertime i get an email from them and maybe they'll get the message!
    Sounds like they're just stalling. If they haven't refunded your money by now, chances they're not going to.

I received a response from the California AG initially but don't know if they've taken any action. I sent them a follow-up last week letting them know that the BBB in Los Angeles had tried to contact the company with negative results.

At the very least, I'd file a complaint with the AG if I were you. Sometimes, nothing is done because not enough people come forward but enough people send in complaints to the California AG, I would think that they would have to so something especially since Light Impressions is a California business.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    This has been a common occurrence and common response from this company.
    I too was recently burned by Light Impressions. I filed a complaint with the BBB in Los Angeles as well as the California Attorney General's office on 3/12/11.

The company has failed to respond to the BBB's inquiries and they have since closed their file. However, I'm hoping that the Calif. AG will do something. But the only way for that to happen I believe is for those individuals that have been wronged is to step-up and file complaints with the BBB and the attorney general.

Los Angeles Better Business Bureau http://www.la.bbb.org/Home.aspx

California Attorney General http://ag.ca.gov/consumers/general.php

Light Impressions still sends me email regarding sales promotions, etc. but I'll never do business with them again. I'm still waiting for them to refund my $136
    This is very important. There are a total of 11 pages and growing in this thread alone regarding the fraudulent activities of Light Impressions. Many other threads with equally as many complaints or more can be found on several other online forums with a simple Google search. If you've had a similar experience with this company it is important that you take a short 10 minutes and file a complaint with the California Attorney General. The link is above and here. Obviously there is no shortage of people being taken advantage of by Light Impressions but posting our accounts here just serves to make a record of these events. In order for anything to actually be done about this, these complaints need to be made with the appropriate agencies i.e. the LA BBB and the California Attorney General's office. It really only takes 10 minutes to send a complaint and if the Attorney General's office receives anywhere near the number of complaints as are present on these forums, they will be obliged to take action against the company.
    Francesco Fragomeni
    www.FrancescoFragomeni.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    FYI - This is supposedly the parent company for Light Impressions:

http://www.newcenturydirectbrands.com

You may want to give them a wide birth and steer clear.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Light Impressions just sent me this email...

Order Date: 02/22/2011

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for your order. The merchandise you requested is currently on
    backorder, however we expect to ship your product to you within the next
    4 to 6 weeks. We appreciate your patience in this matter.
    As a thank you for being a loyal customer, please accept this
    opportunity to save 15% on your next order by using source code NCD16.

Sincerely,
    The NCD fulfillment team

This is an auto-reply email, do not respond to this email. To contact us please call 800-828-6216

I really hope the California Attorney General takes them down.
    Francesco Fragomeni
    www.FrancescoFragomeni.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Fragomeni View Post
    Light Impressions just sent me this email...

I really hope the California Attorney General takes them down.
    I received the exact same email yesterday.

Anyone interested in contacting the California Attorney General's Public Inquiry Unit, here's the info:

For questions regarding the Department of Justice contact
    Public Inquiry Unit
    Voice: (916) 322-3360 or
    (Toll-free in California)
    (800) 952-5225
    Fax: (916) 323-5341
    Last edited by lilmsmaggie; 04-22-2011 at 11:19 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format

California AG info

Thanks for posting the contact information for the California Attorney General. Light Impressions or Century Direct or whoever they actually are now has ~$195 of mine. After waiting well over a year for back ordered archival storage materials to arrive I finally and belatedly gave up. On March 8 of this year I spoke to someone named Nancy, who assured me that this amount would be reimbursed to my credit card. Of course, almost two months later, that hasn't happened. Calls to their "customer service" number now are summarily dropped.

I'm going to contact the A.G. this morning about this matter and I strongly encourage everyone else here who has been ripped off by these charlatans to do the same thing. The squeaking wheel gets the grease.

Think: prison time.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    They just shipped one portion of my backorder with them and it arrived yesterday. After having been placed in what, April?May? of last year.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin