Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,536   Posts: 1,544,145   Online: 891

Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 26789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I contacted the AG as well. I received a letter of response about a week ago saying that a record of my complaint is on file for future reference if action is ever taken against the company. The letter said that the AG will first attempt to contact the company and act as a mediator in hopes of resolving such issues before taking any further action against a company operating in its jurisdiction. In all likelihood they will contact Light Impressions and get no response just as the BBB did. If you've been burned by this company it's important to file a complaint with the California AG so that it is on file with the others being made. At this point it seems to be the only way to stop the fraudulent actions of Light Impressions or whatever they call themselves now.
    Francesco Fragomeni
    www.FrancescoFragomeni.com

Shooter
    Medium Format

Light Impressions Problems

I placed my order for archival boxes with LI on Feb 10, 2011 and was told my order would arrive in 6-8 weeks. On March 4th, they charged my credit card. When the order didn't arrive in a couple of months, I called and they said they had a new manufacturer and I should receive my order in another 6-8 weeks. I talked to them today (May 16 - 3 months later) and was told that they are waiting to finalize a legal agreement with the manufacturer of the boxes and they could not say when the order would be complete and shipped. They refused to reverse my card charge but offered to mail me a check. I refused the check on the grounds that I would probably have to wait "months" for that to arrive too. I have now disputed the charge with my credit card company & will place an order with someone else! I will NOT do business with LI again after 20 years of doing business with them.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Mike, welcome to the forum. Looks like this was your first post, sorry it had to be about such a sore topic. Thanks for posting your experience. At this point is important that you report the situation to the California AG. Posting it here does absolutely nothing but add another story to an already full book and if people don't start reporting this to the appropriate office then these stories will continue. All you have to do is practically copy and paste what you wrote into a form on the California AG's website. All of the information and links you need are in the posts above. Light Impressions needs to be out of business and held legally accountable for their illegitimate actions.
    Francesco Fragomeni
    www.FrancescoFragomeni.com

Shooter
    35mm

What about the FTC

The Federal Trade Commission has a rule for businesses that sell by mail, phone or the internet. Light Impressions seems to be out of rule in offering for sale merchandise it does not reasonably think it can deliver in 30 days. The FTC rule also states that if the transaction is made by credit card the refund must be made by credit card.

Here is the rule

http://business.ftc.gov/documents/bu...rchandise-rule

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Pettingell View Post
    ...They refused to reverse my card charge but offered to mail me a check. I refused the check on the grounds that I would probably have to wait "months" for that to arrive too. ...
    Odd, since that essentially means that they pay the CC commission on your payment but supposedly refund the full amount. The only 2 logical explanations that I can think of is that either they're playing a float came (so your check will be a long time coming) or that there won't be sufficient funds to cover.

I'm not entirely sure but I believe, in case of bankruptcy, you're better off with a credit card charge than a check that bounces.
    "Far more critical than what we know or do not know is what we do not want to know." - Eric Hoffer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Curtis View Post
    The Federal Trade Commission has a rule for businesses that sell by mail, phone or the internet. Light Impressions seems to be out of rule in offering for sale merchandise it does not reasonably think it can deliver in 30 days. The FTC rule also states that if the transaction is made by credit card the refund must be made by credit card.

Here is the rule

http://business.ftc.gov/documents/bu...rchandise-rule
    Thanks for the link. I just filed a complaint with the FTC. I suggest others do the same.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I'm another person who joined to post in this thread. I think I may have fallen prey to the lure of their mat board.

Question: does anyone know a west-coast mail order place that offers Alpharag or equivalent? The local store wants $32 a sheet and I can't afford the quick-ship fees from across the country at this point (cheaper to buy it locally). Ideally, a place in the San Francisco-San Jose area would be ideal as then I could pick it up.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    After finding out that their prices are quite above the competitors, I started buying fold-flap polyester negative sleeves from PrintFile and archival negative boxes from Hollinger. I don't notice any difference in the products' function at all. Hollinger's prices probably increased recently though.

fdi
    Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by desamo View Post
    I'm another person who joined to post in this thread. I think I may have fallen prey to the lure of their mat board.

Question: does anyone know a west-coast mail order place that offers Alpharag or equivalent? The local store wants $32 a sheet and I can't afford the quick-ship fees from across the country at this point (cheaper to buy it locally). Ideally, a place in the San Francisco-San Jose area would be ideal as then I could pick it up.
    Is that price ($32) for 8-ply Alpharag or 4-ply?

Shooter
    35mm RF
    4-ply, believe it or not. Actually, I'd looked at your site, but wasn't sure how to specify quicker shipping to figure out the total cost.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin