Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,219   Posts: 1,532,245   Online: 777

Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 378910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
    fdi
    Shooter
    35mm
    The least expensive way to buy the mat is to select the size "32x40 Raw Sheet" under our uncut mats. We have qty discounts at 5, 25 and 100. Once you add it to the cart you can get ground shipping by entering your zip code. Ground for 5 sheets to San Fransisco is $28.88 or a total of $18.76 per sheet with shipping. If you order 25 you pay less per sheet and less per sheet for shipping. 2nd-day air will cost $151 (for 5 sheets) which is higher than you can get it locally. If you do 25 sheets your total cost per sheet would be $26.94. Overnight will be a lot more so you will be better of getting it local in that case.

The problem with full sheets is our shipping cost is very high since it based more on the size of the box than the weight since the shipping companies go by dim weight past a certain size. The closer the size of the box is to the size of a person, the closer the shipping cost is to plane ticket since that is essentially what you are buying for the package when it is shipped by air.

If you get sheets cut down to a smaller size the shipping costs go down but cost per sheet goes up.

Wish I had a better answer but shipping cost is the biggest struggle for a company like mine. We lose a lot of money on shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by desamo View Post
    4-ply, believe it or not. Actually, I'd looked at your site, but wasn't sure how to specify quicker shipping to figure out the total cost.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Oh, I completely understand. I've only rarely shipped large items, but it's always prohibitive. I think I'll buy the batch I need for weekend after this and lay in a supply after that.

Shooter
    35mm

problems since nov 2010

I placed an order back on Oct 12, 2010. Only half of my order ever arrived in Nov.2010. I called and promises were made to fix the backordered products. Then on Dec 15, 2010 I called to cancel the remaining items. A mr Taylor keeps giving me the run around. First it was the accounting dept was being moved to Florida, the next month it was Colorado and the following month it was moving back to Ca. Every two weeks, I have been promised a refund check would come the following week. Since they lost my card information they counldn't post my money back into my account. Just excuses after excuses after excuses. This little game has been going on for seven months now. Earlier this month Mr. Taylor stated a refund wouldn't be coming until July, but the items were is stock now and he could ship them out. A litle more sheep dip from him after I explained I need to recoup my losses and I no longer wanted the items. I had to find another source to finish my job on time. I know, I will be calling again in July about a refund that still failed to arrived. My best advise is not to make a single purchase from the company and report the problem to your bank card company, before the time limit for reporting the issue has gone by. Something, I discovered too late. There is no 100% customer satifaction or customer service at Light Impressons or it's parent company of century plastic. I say, stay away from these thieves, who take your money not deliver products or refunds. I may never, see my money if Mr. Taylor has his way. This company is nothing short of a con game. Set up to part you of your money and make themselves rich! Seven months and counting no refund and no products! One big waste of time and money. I will never order anything from a company so crooked and filled with thieves!

JIm: Thanks...a very unfortunate situation that is all too common with Light Impressions. With several other options available, including ordering from companies that support APUG, it would appear the Light Impressions has turned off the lights.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I placed an order back on Oct 12, 2010. Only half of my order ever arrived in Nov.2010. I called and promises were made to fix the backordered products. Then on Dec 15, 2010 I called to cancel the remaining items. A mr Taylor keeps giving me the run around. First it was the accounting dept was being moved to Florida, the next month it was Colorado and the following month it was moving back to Ca. Every two weeks, I have been promised a refund check would come the following week. Since they lost my card information they counldn't post my money back into my account. Just excuses after excuses after excuses. This little game has been going on for seven months now. Earlier this month Mr. Taylor stated a refund wouldn't be coming until July, but the items were is stock now and he could ship them out. A litle more sheep dip from him after I explained I need to recoup my losses and I no longer wanted the items. I had to find another source to finish my job on time. I know, I will be calling again in July about a refund that still failed to arrived. My best advise is not to make a single purchase from the company and report the problem to your bank card company, before the time limit for reporting the issue has gone by. Something, I discovered too late. There is no 100% customer satifaction or customer service at Light Impressons or it's parent company of century plastic. I say, stay away from these thieves, who take your money not deliver products or refunds. I may never, see my money if Mr. Taylor has his way. This company is nothing short of a con game. Set up to part you of your money and make themselves rich! Seven months and counting no refund and no products! One big waste of time and money. I will never order anything from a company so crooked and filled with thieves!
    BigJim, sorry to hear about your probelms with Light Impressions although I'm not surprised at all. The bottom line at this point is that if you do not take the time (only 5 minutes) to send your report to the appropriate places but instead only report it hear then what happened to you becomes nothing but another number and you will not be helping to prevent this from happening to someone else. I strongly urge you to look through the above posts and make a quick report (you can simply copy and paste your post) to the California Attorney General's Office and the LA BBB. I believe there may be one other place worth sending a report which is mentioned in a post above. I really hope you take the time to do this because at this point the things happening to people posting accounts here on APUG seem to be falling on deaf hears. The only way to be heard and to stop the criminals at Light Impressions is to speak up to the right authorities. Take care.
    Francesco Fragomeni
    www.FrancescoFragomeni.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Fragomeni View Post
    I strongly urge you to look through the above posts and make a quick report (you can simply copy and paste your post) to the California Attorney General's Office and the LA BBB. I believe there may be one other place worth sending a report which is mentioned in a post above.
    The FTC. See post #114.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Believe it or not, a very well done new catalog just arrived from the very same Light Impressions. The owner apologized for past problems with their delivery and supply chain which resulted in the delay of orders ( what a massive understatement! ).

Despite the new catalog and the apologies, the number of problems reported by our colleagues on this thread indicate deep seated problems that are simply too numerous to ignore. One might be excused for saying that the catalog probably represents too little- much, much too late.

For informational purposes, I just called the Light Impressions number, and asked to speak with the CEO-a Mr. Gabriel Bristol. The polite and friendly person in customer service told me that there is no way to reach him except by sending him a letter. She implied that email contact was impossible, and that the staff only reaches him by letter as well. Interestingly, I am not sure if any of the people who answer the Light Impressions phone lines have ever seen, or spoken with, Mr. Bristol. She noted that the company has been shipping many orders, and those items in stock have been shipped quickly. I didn't have the heart to ask her about items not in stock. After all, why blame the problems of the company on the person who simply answers the phones?

I believe a very emphastic Caveat Emptor should now be noted.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    A couple of days ago I received a call from Light Impressions letting me know that they were shipping my backorder. I had to ask what those items were as I had forgotten (ordered June 2009).

Recently I also received their catalog in the mail for the first time in a couple of years. The President of the company has a brief message in the inside cover stating some of the difficulties the company is going through. Perhaps they are trying to turn things around. It will take a lot of effort to regain many of their customers.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahler_one View Post
    The owner apologized for past problems with their delivery and supply chain which resulted in the delay of orders ( what a massive understatement! ).
    Did he apologize for placing charges against the customers' credit cards before the orders shipped, sometimes by many months?

- Leigh

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin