Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 75,751   Posts: 1,670,630   Online: 974

Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 378910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

For informational purposes, I just called the Light Impressions number, and asked to speak with the CEO-a Mr. Gabriel Bristol. The polite and friendly person in customer service told me that there is no way to reach him except by sending him a letter. She implied that email contact was impossible, and that the staff only reaches him by letter as well. Interestingly, I am not sure if any of the people who answer the Light Impressions phone lines have ever seen, or spoken with, Mr. Bristol. She noted that the company has been shipping many orders, and those items in stock have been shipped quickly. I didn't have the heart to ask her about items not in stock. After all, why blame the problems of the company on the person who simply answers the phones?

I believe a very emphastic Caveat Emptor should now be noted.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    A couple of days ago I received a call from Light Impressions letting me know that they were shipping my backorder. I had to ask what those items were as I had forgotten (ordered June 2009).

Recently I also received their catalog in the mail for the first time in a couple of years. The President of the company has a brief message in the inside cover stating some of the difficulties the company is going through. Perhaps they are trying to turn things around. It will take a lot of effort to regain many of their customers.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahler_one View Post
    The owner apologized for past problems with their delivery and supply chain which resulted in the delay of orders ( what a massive understatement! ).
    Did he apologize for placing charges against the customers' credit cards before the orders shipped, sometimes by many months?

- Leigh

ann

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Or, for those who never got a refund nor materials!
    http://www.aclancyphotography.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Fragomeni View Post
    BigJim, sorry to hear about your probelms with Light Impressions although I'm not surprised at all. The bottom line at this point is that if you do not take the time (only 5 minutes) to send your report to the appropriate places but instead only report it hear then what happened to you becomes nothing but another number and you will not be helping to prevent this from happening to someone else. I strongly urge you to look through the above posts and make a quick report (you can simply copy and paste your post) to the California Attorney General's Office and the LA BBB. I believe there may be one other place worth sending a report which is mentioned in a post above. I really hope you take the time to do this because at this point the things happening to people posting accounts here on APUG seem to be falling on deaf hears. The only way to be heard and to stop the criminals at Light Impressions is to speak up to the right authorities. Take care.
    Francesco is right. EVERYONE that has been burned by Light Impressions needs to report their circumstances to the BBB, California Attorney General and the FTC. Personally, I don't think enough comlaints have been filed.

However, I did receive a letter response last week from the CA Attorney General's Office. Seems Light Impressions is ignoring them as well.

I can't for the life of me believe that a company like this is allowed to take advantage of consumers here in California, and throught the U.S. without consequences.

Please, everyone. Tell you friends, your business associates, your fellow photographers and anyone who could become a victim of this unscrupulous company, its owners and executives - NOT to do business with Lightroom Impressions.

ann

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I reported them to the CA Attorney General's office but haven't heard a thing from them either.

Every chance I get I pass the word on about Light Impressions, including every class I teach every session. Which is from 6-8 classes each session, 4 times a year, not including weekend workshops.
    http://www.aclancyphotography.com

Shooter
    35mm

Light Impressions

I'm new to this site, but I found it after I had a bad experience with Light Impressions and did an online search on the company. I ordered extensively from them several years ago and was happy. However, I placed a large order with them on June 7th. Their standard shipping delivery times were not met, so I began calling them. After being either cut off or put on eternal hold numerous times, I finally got someone on the phone who told me the items were on backorder and were not available for at least 4 more weeks. I asked why this was not told to me when I placed the order, and the reply was that I needed to call in to inquire about that because their website was "not live" and they don't notify customers when items are on back order. HORRIBLE. DO NOT ORDER FROM LIGHT IMPRESSIONS.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas1111 View Post
    I finally got someone on the phone who told me the items were on backorder and were not available for at least 4 more weeks. I asked why this was not told to me when I placed the order, and the reply was that I needed to call in to inquire about that because their website was "not live" and they don't notify customers when items are on back order. HORRIBLE. DO NOT ORDER FROM LIGHT IMPRESSIONS.
    You're not likely to receive anything in 4 weeks or 4 months. Try contacting your credit card number if you used a cc to place this order, and see if you can get the charges reversed. Also, file a complaint with the LA BBB, Calfornia Attorney General's office and the FTC.

BTW- Their website is "live" enough to accept credit card charges - so don't buy that BS the person on the phone gave you.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It may be wise to change the credit card number as well. They have been known to keep your credit card number and then make fraudulent charges under different company names (they did this to me and others I know). A change of credit card number will be your safest bet and likely the least stress in the long run.

Most people are posting their complaints here and on other forums which serves absolutely no purpose at this point. People would not continue to have these problems if everyone who's experienced this simply went ahead and reported these issues to the proper authorities as described in posts above. If enough reports are made to the California Attorney General's office they are required by law to take action against the company. At this point these recurring fraudulent actions on the part of Light Impressions says more about people's laziness and unwillingness to make a proper report then about Light Impressions.
    Francesco Fragomeni
    www.FrancescoFragomeni.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    You know what's nuts? Last week, light impressions sent me a catalog in the mail! I have not bought from them in 5 yrs, and they had not sent me a catalog in 3 yrs. All of a sudden, one arrives, dated 2011. Why are these guys sending catalogs when they won't even answer the phone? LOL
    Chris Crawford
    Fine Art Photography of Indiana and other places no one else photographs.

http://www.chriscrawfordphoto.com

My Tested Developing Times with the films and developers I use

Become a fan of my work on Facebook

Fort Wayne, Indiana

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin