Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,493   Posts: 1,571,399   Online: 1103

Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 81213141516171819202122 LastLast

Very bad news indeed. Although I doubt that you will be successful, please pursue all available options. When you have the time please let us know how you have faired.

Ed

Any person on APUG who reads this thread...please, do NOT purchase anything from Light Impressions. As you can readily see, the company is not reliable, and you will likely lose your funds.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahler_one View Post
    Very bad news indeed. Although I doubt that you will be successful, please pursue all available options. When you have the time please let us know how you have faired.

Ed
    Perseverance my friend. Perseverance.

Just a few minutes of your time to file a complaint with the BBB, California Attorney General and the FTC.

It took me 4 mos. to get a refund. The check I received and deposited didn't bounce as far as I know (bank hasn't notified me of any issues); although one poster stated that the check they received bounced. I'm in California so I'm guessing LI doesn't want run afoul writing checks here otherwise, I'm thinking it would give the AG ammunition to file suit.

Perseverance ...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If you have ordered from Light Impressions and not received the ordered goods for any reason, contact your credit card company before the end 60 days period that starts from the credit card bill's first appearance in order to protect your money and your credit!
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I received two letters from the CA Attorney General on the matter. Basically they've filed my complaints but can't act further on my behalf since I'm not a resident of CA. If they receive enough complaints, especially from CA residents, they will be obligated to act. Regardless of place of residence, please follow up and file a complaint with the CA Attorney General. It will be ammunition that they can use against LI if that time comes and it serves as a legal record of your individual situation.
    Francesco Fragomeni
    www.FrancescoFragomeni.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Check with your local small claims court to see if you can get at them there. The ground rules for small claims courts (they also have different names)vary widely so you will have to do a little homework. These courts are set up so that you do not need a lawyer and in some places a corporation must be represented by a lawyer, which means that they have to pay for his/her services.
    Fortunately, I stopped buying from them some years back, after part of an order showed up more than a year after I ordered it (I actually forgot about it). A shame because they were pretty good when in Rochester.

Shooter
    35mm

Light Impressions are Crooks!

I ordered in March and was strung along for months on the back order LIE! Get to your credit card and dispute the charge now! You only have 60 days as I have recently found out! I am out over seventy bucks. I had delt with Light Impressions since the mid 70's and they were Great! However they are now part of a Conglomerate called NCD Brands and good luck on talking to anyone, unless of course you are ordering! Once they have your money - forget it! I am just stuck! My bank won't dispute it as the charge is over 60 days, Light Impressions is a Black Hole of communication. You are on hold forever and never get anyone. So if you have recently charged anything with them My suggestion is to dispute it now while your bank will refund your money otherwise you have been SCAMMED!

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I placed an order on August 31st and disputed it a week ago. These guys are just bad news. How do they stay in business? I was warned by Thomas Bertilsson after placing the order so watched it for a while but..big nothing.

Shooter
    35mm
    To those who have suffered I offer my condolences in case anyone thinks I am being deliberately provocative but presumably the company is able/chooses to satisfy some of its customers otherwise there must be 100s if not 1000s filing complaints and if so how is it able to stay in business?

Is it deliberately taking money with no intention of delivering the goods or is its whole system so bad and the people so incompetent that it leaves many without goods for months or even forever?

There may be companies in the U.K. with an equally bad record but it is quite amazing to an outsider how long this has gone on for without a solution.

I keep expecting to see a post which says "bankruptcy"/ court order/ questions in the government but it seems that a company can continue in this way indefinitely in the U.S.

How long would a utility company, say an electric company, be able to continue that took customers' money via direct debit but failed to deliver the electricity?

I am in "shock and awe" the more I see of this thread

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It's the failure of the system (legal & commerce) to take effective action against Light Impressions. No one who has posted on this thread is making this stuff up. Part of the problem is that those entities responsible for enforcement are most likely having difficulty isolating and identifying who to go after since LI is a subsidiary of a holding company that keeps changing its name and contact information. No one - and I do mean "No One," who has experienced issues with LI ever goes back to them. So, those who have never dealt with LI recently are getting caught up in the snare.

It hasn't always been this way. Light Impressions WAS once a good company. But those days are over.

Sooner or later, either the Legal system or their lack of business integrity will catch up with them -- and it will be all over.

Quote Originally Posted by pentaxuser View Post
    To those who have suffered I offer my condolences in case anyone thinks I am being deliberately provocative but presumably the company is able/chooses to satisfy some of its customers otherwise there must be 100s if not 1000s filing complaints and if so how is it able to stay in business?

Is it deliberately taking money with no intention of delivering the goods or is its whole system so bad and the people so incompetent that it leaves many without goods for months or even forever?

There may be companies in the U.K. with an equally bad record but it is quite amazing to an outsider how long this has gone on for without a solution.

I keep expecting to see a post which says "bankruptcy"/ court order/ questions in the government but it seems that a company can continue in this way indefinitely in the U.S.

How long would a utility company, say an electric company, be able to continue that took customers' money via direct debit but failed to deliver the electricity?

I am in "shock and awe" the more I see of this thread

pentaxuser

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin