Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 76,350   Posts: 1,682,536   Online: 693

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8121314151617181920 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffreyg View Post
    VaryaV,

Try PrintFile they have a location in Florida and are APUG supporters. My experiences have been positive. Prompt, courteous and accurate responses.

http://www.jeffreyglasser.com/
    Thanks, Jeffrey... That's great to know. I have used some of PrintFiles stuff before but always ordered it from other companies.

Too bad about LI, they were a good company once... I have bought a ton of stuff from them too.
    Sourdough, salami and blue cheese... and 2 dogs drooling with such sad, sad eyes. ... they're working me... they know I'll cave!

APUG Portfolio

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by VaryaV View Post
    On a different but similar note, who are you guys ordering from now?.
    Not sure what you are looking for, but I use Talas for a lot of archival supplies and adhesives. They sell lots of really cool stuff!

http://www.talasonline.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks bdial thanks Keith. Bookmarked...

I need to keep a supplier for my dry mounting supplies and adhesives and all that goes into into pressing/mounting.

Sorry, OP, didn't mean to hijack the thread.
    Sourdough, salami and blue cheese... and 2 dogs drooling with such sad, sad eyes. ... they're working me... they know I'll cave!

APUG Portfolio

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Varya- I usually use UMS for mounting supplies:
    http://www.unitedmfrscatalog.com/home/index.htm
    My experience with them has been very positive.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by GumPhoto View Post
    Not sure what you are looking for, but I use Talas for a lot of archival supplies and adhesives. They sell lots of really cool stuff!

http://www.talasonline.com/
    I'm a happy Talas customer, too.
    —Eric

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Hollinger Metal Edge is another reputable business that is a pleasure to deal with. They have everything you can possibly imagine in terms of presentation and archival storage supplies (except for frames). Request their catalogue and you'll be amazed at the breadth and depth of their product lines. They do a lot of business with museums.
    Last edited by c6h6o3; 10-11-2011 at 09:07 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Jim

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    All,

I've started a thread where we can put links to resources for supplies. It will be easier to find in a dedicated thread, rather than at the end of this one.

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum46/9...ml#post1246362

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lilmsmaggie View Post
    It's the failure of the system (legal & commerce) to take effective action against Light Impressions. No one who has posted on this thread is making this stuff up. Part of the problem is that those entities responsible for enforcement are most likely having difficulty isolating and identifying who to go after since LI is a subsidiary of a holding company that keeps changing its name and contact information.
    The owner of Light Impressions is New Century Direct. Their entity number in the California Secretary of State's database is C3096879. Do a lookup on this number and you'll get the name and address of their process agent. That's the official legal entity you serve when you sue them. If you live in California and they've stiffed you, I'd file against them in small claims court in a heartbeat.
    Jim

Shooter
    Medium Format

Light Impressions

Don't order from these people. I too had my items on backorder since May and I really don't expect to ever see them. Contacted BBB and they didn't get a response from Light Impressions. Contacted my credit card and they are taking care of it and hopefully will get my money refunded.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome to APUG. I hope you do get a refund after this much time. The BBB can not do much. Contact the Federal Trade Commission and fill out a complaint. Write the Calif. Attorney General's office, even if you don't live in this State. The more times they hear about the creeps the better.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin