Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 75,256   Posts: 1,660,482   Online: 857

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 91314151617181920 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by c6h6o3 View Post
    The owner of Light Impressions is New Century Direct. Their entity number in the California Secretary of State's database is C3096879. Do a lookup on this number and you'll get the name and address of their process agent. That's the official legal entity you serve when you sue them. If you live in California and they've stiffed you, I'd file against them in small claims court in a heartbeat.
    Thanks, but I received a refund a few months ago after filing complaints with the California AG, BBB and a few others. I think I'm one of the lucky ones.

Filing in small claims court gets you a judgment and after that (using your judgment), you have to file to obtain a writ of execution. It's up to you after that. In California, you have up to 10 years to pursue action in order to satisfy the judgment. Other states may vary.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lilmsmaggie View Post
    Thanks, but I received a refund a few months ago after filing complaints with the California AG, BBB and a few others. I think I'm one of the lucky ones.

Filing in small claims court gets you a judgment and after that (using your judgment), you have to file to obtain a writ of execution. It's up to you after that. In California, you have up to 10 years to pursue action in order to satisfy the judgment. Other states may vary.
    I wouldn't expect to get the money back. The one common thread about companies like that is that no matter what else happens, the money's gone. Always.
    Jim

Shooter
    Multi Format
    is there even a bricks and mortar store where someone can go in person and beeotch ?

Shooter
    35mm
    I wish I had known about their problems before I ordered in June. I haven't received my material either. I was told - four to six weeks several times. Now, my credit card company says they can't help as the charge is over 60 days old. I filed with the BBB but is there anywhere else I can file? The company so longer answers their phone - just the message "your call is important to us, please hold". Ha!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    As has been stated in this thread, file complaints with the CA. Attorney General's office, even if you're not in California. The more complaints they hear the more likely they are to take action. And file a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission. Light Impressions ship across state lines, so the Feds can go after them if they realize the size of the problem.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Has anyone complained to the Federal Trade Commission?

They're engaged in interstate commerce, so federal consumer protection laws apply.

- Leigh
    “Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.” - Plato

Shooter
    35mm

everyone should file!! against Light Impressions

I also was taken on my order from Dec 2010!! as were hundreds of others. Numerous phone calls to Taylor Clark the Supv at Light Impressions and numerous promises of a check to come!! B S!! I have filed with the Federal Trade commission. The FTC is not allowed to compare how many complaints they recieve against one company!! How stupid is that!! I spoke to a supv there today, who told me that would be "singling out". WHAT GOOD DOES THAT DO? Apparently The BBB knows, but what action are they taking?? She recommended the State Consumer Protection division. I am appalled that this can continue with hundreds of people getting ripped off and NO ONE has the power to put a stop to this!! New Century Direct must know this and can just keep on frauding people. We all should put this on every site imaginable, think of those who do not know.
    Please any new info would be appreciated.

Shooter
    35mm
    I filed with the FTC , called them today and got a supv. who told me they are not allowed to look and see how many are filed against a particular company! GEEZ there hundreds of us who have been ripped off. BBB is useless it seems, I do live in Calif and will file in small claims. But that only gets me a judgement against them no $$. I will now file with State Attny General's office. Spread the word about this ruthless company.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    "Ruthless" is right. Good for you!
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

ann

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I bad mouth them every chance I get which means to a lot of students, and on other websites, and a few local stores. As if that helps, don't know what a local store can do, but it makes me feel better.
    http://www.aclancyphotography.com

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin