Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,700   Posts: 1,549,195   Online: 1193

Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 10141516171819202122 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    All,

I've started a thread where we can put links to resources for supplies. It will be easier to find in a dedicated thread, rather than at the end of this one.

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum46/9...ml#post1246362

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lilmsmaggie View Post
    It's the failure of the system (legal & commerce) to take effective action against Light Impressions. No one who has posted on this thread is making this stuff up. Part of the problem is that those entities responsible for enforcement are most likely having difficulty isolating and identifying who to go after since LI is a subsidiary of a holding company that keeps changing its name and contact information.
    The owner of Light Impressions is New Century Direct. Their entity number in the California Secretary of State's database is C3096879. Do a lookup on this number and you'll get the name and address of their process agent. That's the official legal entity you serve when you sue them. If you live in California and they've stiffed you, I'd file against them in small claims court in a heartbeat.
    Jim

Shooter
    Medium Format

Light Impressions

Don't order from these people. I too had my items on backorder since May and I really don't expect to ever see them. Contacted BBB and they didn't get a response from Light Impressions. Contacted my credit card and they are taking care of it and hopefully will get my money refunded.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome to APUG. I hope you do get a refund after this much time. The BBB can not do much. Contact the Federal Trade Commission and fill out a complaint. Write the Calif. Attorney General's office, even if you don't live in this State. The more times they hear about the creeps the better.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by c6h6o3 View Post
    The owner of Light Impressions is New Century Direct. Their entity number in the California Secretary of State's database is C3096879. Do a lookup on this number and you'll get the name and address of their process agent. That's the official legal entity you serve when you sue them. If you live in California and they've stiffed you, I'd file against them in small claims court in a heartbeat.
    Thanks, but I received a refund a few months ago after filing complaints with the California AG, BBB and a few others. I think I'm one of the lucky ones.

Filing in small claims court gets you a judgment and after that (using your judgment), you have to file to obtain a writ of execution. It's up to you after that. In California, you have up to 10 years to pursue action in order to satisfy the judgment. Other states may vary.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lilmsmaggie View Post
    Thanks, but I received a refund a few months ago after filing complaints with the California AG, BBB and a few others. I think I'm one of the lucky ones.

Filing in small claims court gets you a judgment and after that (using your judgment), you have to file to obtain a writ of execution. It's up to you after that. In California, you have up to 10 years to pursue action in order to satisfy the judgment. Other states may vary.
    I wouldn't expect to get the money back. The one common thread about companies like that is that no matter what else happens, the money's gone. Always.
    Jim

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It pains me to see that people are being hurt by Light Impressions and so few are made whole.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    is there even a bricks and mortar store where someone can go in person and beeotch ?

Shooter
    35mm
    I wish I had known about their problems before I ordered in June. I haven't received my material either. I was told - four to six weeks several times. Now, my credit card company says they can't help as the charge is over 60 days old. I filed with the BBB but is there anywhere else I can file? The company so longer answers their phone - just the message "your call is important to us, please hold". Ha!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    As has been stated in this thread, file complaints with the CA. Attorney General's office, even if you're not in California. The more complaints they hear the more likely they are to take action. And file a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission. Light Impressions ship across state lines, so the Feds can go after them if they realize the size of the problem.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin