Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 72,510   Posts: 1,598,126   Online: 998

Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891014 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Jim - thanks for the tip on Hollingers.
    A quick look at their site and I didn't see manufacturers' names, so I called them, and said I wanted to talk to someone about mat board. She said she needed an item number. I said I couldn't find it on their site, I'm trying to find a specific make, etc. She said they make there to sell. I said "you make it yourselves?"... We went back and forth till she said I needed a catalog and she needed an item number, so I gave up.
    I might try again later and see if I can get someone else.

fdi
    Shooter
    35mm
    We have finally added colors to our Bainbridge 8-Ply Alpharag mat board line, we added the 4-Ply Alpharag in 24 colors, and we added 2-Ply Alpharag mounting board in 2 colors. We also just lowered our prices on blanks and full-sheet matboard.

Cheers,
    Mark

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I used to order everything for our studio from LI but stopped about 2 years ago because of incorrect shipping, bad packaging and backorders. I find that between several other suppliers I can find everything I used to order from LI and have it shipped properly and promptly. I recently decided to try LI again by ordering online but emptied my cart at the last minute. Within a day LI had contacted me asking why I reversed my decision and didn't follow through and complete my order. So they are aware when orders aren't fulfilled online.

These are the companies I now happily order from.

www.archivalmethods.com
    www.talasonline.com
    www.universityproducts.com
    www.archival.com
    Keith Taylor
    Platinum, Photogravure and Historic Process Editions
    Website | Weblog | Google+ | Facebook
    2011 Minnesota Center for Book Arts/Jerome Foundation Mentorship Program recipient

Shooter
    Large Format
    I'm also very unhappy with Light Impressions. On November 2nd I place an order with LI for a 16x20 box, 25 sheets each of two weights of 16x20 mat board and a roll of tape. Not exactly exotic items. When I call them today for status, I was told everything was on back order and I could not expect anything until at least January.

The issue is that LI took my order knowing that nothing I ordered was going to be available for months, immediately charged my credit card and elected not to inform me that I wasn't going to see anything for a very long time. I didn't order a handmade Italian sofa, I ordered what should be off-the-shelf items.

I've been doing business with LI for 20 years. I've had a few issues with LI in the past, but I've been happy enough to continue to do business with them. I do not find LI's current business practices acceptable. Why would you do business with somebody who takes your money and doesn't deliver?

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    It,s sad to see a company decline as much as LI! I ordered a couple of boxes of their clear hold photo corners. it took them several months to fill the order. This is an item that should always be in stock. It appears that they may be holding orders until they have enough to order from their suppliers. In the meantime they have our money. That was my last order; I would be afraid that they may go under before they could fill the order and then I would be out the money.
    www.TimeFreezePhotos.com

"Accept the fact that some days you are the pigeon and some days you are the statue"

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Didn't realize LI was a bad place to buy from. I've been getting my stuff from FDI (who is a sponsor/advertiser I thought) and Archival Methods.

I guess the Cathedral bells are sounding for LI. We are fortunate to have other sources for the same, or very similar, items.
    Although there are indeed multiple sources for many of the items we can purchase at LI and elsewhere, I admit to REALLY trying to support the firms that help keep APUG "in business". Thus, I look to purchase from our Sponsors when prices and service are comparable. Of course, there is no doubt other companies do a great job as well. JMHO.

Shooter
    Multi Format

immediately charged my credit card...

mffredrich - contact your credit card company and request that they retrieve your money. I have done this in the past and they will do it. Just be sure to cancel the order. You can get this stuff from other sources, listed in this thread.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by fdi View Post
    We have finally added colors to our Bainbridge 8-Ply Alpharag mat board line, we added the 4-Ply Alpharag in 24 colors, and we added 2-Ply Alpharag mounting board in 2 colors. We also just lowered our prices on blanks and full-sheet matboard.

Cheers,
    Mark
    What about white (8660) in 4 ply? I don't use 8 ply.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just curious, has anyone forwarded them this thread? If anyone in marketing or management had a lick of business sense they'd right their wrongs and take a clue from their bread and butter consumers.

Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891014 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin