Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,287   Posts: 1,535,324   Online: 869

Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101115 ... LastLast
    fdi
    Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by winger View Post
    What about white (8660) in 4 ply? I don't use 8 ply.
    Yes we now carry Bainbridge "White" rag mat board in all three mat thicknesses, 2-Ply , 4-Ply and 8-Ply. If you are using the 4-Ply as the window mat board and you float mount you can use the 2-Ply as the mounting board so the mounting board color matches the window mat.

Cheers,
    Mark

Lodima Archival Materials in Bucks County, Pennsylvania, also carries 2, 4, and 8-ply white ArtCare AlphaRag board. We also carry 2, 4, and 8-ply in Pure White and 2, 4, and 8 ply in Pearl--a warm white. The 2-ply Pearl is no longer made, but we are fortunate enough to have a supply on hand. No minimums. All orders custom cut.

www.lodimaarchivalmaterials.com

Michael A. Smith

Shooter
    Large Format
    Updating my previous post related to Light Impressions, I called LI today to cancel my order. They canceled the order without complaint. They said it could take as long as ten day for me to see my refund. I'm hoping for the best.

More interestingly, all this starting me thinking about my last order from LI in March of 2010. Comparing invoices and packing slips, I found $60 worth of negative sleeves I ordered and paid for in March were still on backorder these seven-plus months later. I brought this up to LI and they agreed to cancel that order and refund my money.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    With all of the great suppliers on here with some wonderful feedback I just don't understand how anyone can continue to deal with these people. I'm in a customer service/ sales position and if I did half of what has been reported here I'd be without a job. Come on people wake up and smell the roses!!

Jim

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mffredrich View Post
    More interestingly, all this starting me thinking about my last order from LI in March of 2010. Comparing invoices and packing slips, I found $60 worth of negative sleeves I ordered and paid for in March were still on backorder these seven-plus months later. I brought this up to LI and they agreed to cancel that order and refund my money.
    I looked back and realized that I placed an order about 6 weeks ago for several items on sale. I have not received a single item and I verified that they charged me immediately. I will call on Monday to cancel the order and get a refund.
    Jerold Harter MD

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Time Freeze View Post
    It appears that they may be holding orders until they have enough to order from their suppliers. In the meantime they have our money.
    This possibly rings true. Perhaps LI has been placed on a cash-only, or at least a prepayment-in-full, ordering status by their suppliers. If so, it wouldn't be very difficult to imagine why...

Haven't ordered anything from them in years.

Ken
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Shooter
    35mm

WHY - more problems at Light Impressions

I phoned Light Impressions recently as well. I had ordered some things I could have picked up at any local art store. I was trying to get a recent catalog! I had phoned and asked for a recent catalog two MONTHS previous. Had received none. Soooo, as they ALWAYS stuff one or two inside any order I figured I'd order something - anything - and would receive a Light Impressions catalog.

A month went by and no order. I phoned Light Impressions and was informed the same thing. "Sorry, items are on backordered for another month." These were just Exhibition "L" Pins and a few Swiss Corner Clips! TWO MONTHS (total) backordered for items like that?! That should be a warning right there!

But if you click under Custom Cut Frames they state that basically until further notice they will be "backordered" due to problems with the manufacturer of those custom cut frames. * Those frames were my main reason to use Light Impressions in the first place.

Turns out that manufacturer, down in Mexico, isn't operating anymore. So they need to find a new manufacturer for Light Impressions custom cut frames. Any other business would have FOUND a new supplier of those frames by now. They have had that warning listed on their internet site for at least a couple months now. So my guess - and I could be wrong - is Light Impressions is trying to just sell off what they DO still have in stock, of any product they carried, like nothing is wrong - to get some CASH. Whether this is to build a new plant to make those frames. Or to just get rid of all inventory and close their doors. But do that quietly.

So people purchasing even small ticket items like my Exhibition "L" Pins and Swiss Corner Clips have had their credit cards charged, but received no product. Only after the CUSTOMER eventually contacts Light Impressions to ask where their order is are they informed it has been "Backordered." Like you stated, their site has never offered anything that indicates if an item is IN STOCK or not.

*** I know I have been checking my online credit card statements to see if any credit has been applied BACK by Light Impressions yet. (Not to date) I won't be waiting too much longer before taking action through the credit card company (AMEX).

I'd sorely miss those custom cut frames Light Impressions sold for years, they were great looking. But I don’t like the idea Light Impressions trying to get money from customers – early – before shipping out an ordered product and not informing us they don’t have said items IN STOCK. Leaves one with the feeling they are going to take the money and run!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've been waiting since September for some boxes, standard sizes. I was told it would be four to six weeks, emailed after eight weeks and got no reply, called in mid December and was told it would be late January. It's looking like I should just cancel and go elsewhere. They certainly did go downhill after moving west. Sad end to what was once a great supplier.

For archival boxes (of a higher quality than Light Impressions offered:

www.lodimaarchivalmaterials.com. We are also a sponsor of APUG (Lodima.org)

Michael A. Smith

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Chip - Wecome to APUG. For custom frames and other framing products, check out http://www.framedestination.com/ - they are a sponsor of APUG, as is Michael Smith's Lodima in the above post. I use Frame Destination for all my frames now, they are prompt, priced fairly, and great to work with. They also have good framing and matting tips on the site.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin