Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 75,266   Posts: 1,660,623   Online: 793

Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111216 ... LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    I have also had frustrating experiences with Light Impressions, but the last one is the worst, and I plan never to do business with them again. In August of last year I ordered two large archival photo storage boxes online. They immediately charged my card and I waited several weeks but never received delivery. I called and was told that they were on back order. When I questioned them about why I was never notified about it, they told me that "their inventory is not linked to their online ordering".
    I waited several more weeks and called again and was told that the items were not expected for ANOTHER 6 weeks. I asked for a refund which they promised by the end of November, 2010. I have never received it. I called again on Jan 25, 2011 and was told that I would receive a refund, but that it would take at least a week. When I asked why, the customer service rep told me that their financial department had moved to Florida and it wasn't quite set up yet. I did not receive the refund. I just called them again today (Feb. 2) and was told that I would not receive a refund until at least the middle of February. I honestly think that these are signs of a company in trouble. They are taking money from customers with no product in stock and then not refunding the money. How many customers are having the same problem?

Sorry for the bad experience. Realize that Lodima Archival Materials ( a sponsor here ) has archival film and print "folders" and a range of archival storage boxes. I have dealt with Michael on multiple occasions. Shipping is prompt, and there is never a problem of any kind. Give him a call, or check the web site. I am not sure if any of our other sponsors offer similar archival materials, but consider checking. Let us know how things work out.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I gave up a while ago on my last order (which was placed in May of last year and still has not arrived). Call it an expensive object-lesson to teach me to forget Light Impressions even exists.

We are a sponsor of APUG. We have Bainbridge ArtCarearchival mat board (the best board out there and the one we use ourselevs, a custom cut overmat service with our computerized mat cutter, archival storage boxes, and archival negative folders for large-format negatives, all at prices lower than anywhere else. We also have Nielsen metal-section frames at great prices. We have no minimums and special sizes are treated just like standard sizes--everything is custom cut. www.lodimaarchivalmaterials.com. Many of our new customers are disgruntled Light Impressions former customers.

Michael A. Smith

fdi
    Shooter
    35mm
    I am biased since I am the owner, but I am also a sponsor of APUG. Let me know if we can help.

Cheers,
    Mark

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I am so pissed that I didn't read this before I placed my order. I ordered about $300 in matte board from Light Impressions on Feb 22 and have not received shipment confirmation. I've emailed the company and received no reply and I've called everyday for 3 days and not gotten a single answer. Their automatic call back system just loops to another ringer that is never answered.

I've been looking on my credit card statement for the charge and I'm not sure I see it so there may be a chance that they don't have my money back in which case I can have my credit card company block the payment. Can someone let me know what the charge shows up under on the credit card statement? Is it Light Impressions or some other name? A quick response will be hugely appreciated as I'd like to nip this in the bud before a charge shows up if its not already there. THANK YOU!
    Francesco Fragomeni
    www.FrancescoFragomeni.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    We are a sponsor of APUG. We have Bainbridge ArtCarearchival mat board (the best board out there and the one we use ourselevs, a custom cut overmat service with our computerized mat cutter, archival storage boxes, and archival negative folders for large-format negatives, all at prices lower than anywhere else. We also have Nielsen metal-section frames at great prices. We have no minimums and special sizes are treated just like standard sizes--everything is custom cut. www.lodimaarchivalmaterials.com. Many of our new customers are disgruntled Light Impressions former customers.

Michael A. Smith
    Michael, I tried calling Lodima to place an order but there was no answer. I feel like the universe is against me matting my work!
    Francesco Fragomeni

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Archival methods, I believe was one of their suppliers at one time.

http://www.archivalmethods.com/

Might be better choice.
    Rod

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Rod, you're everywhere! Haha! Thanks for the link, I'll check them out now. I tried calling Light Impressions again right after I got your email and sure enough it rang for 20 min.
    Francesco Fragomeni

Keep trying...Lodima Archival Materials has great service, and is appropriately priced. Frame Destinations, as you might know, is another APUG sponsor, and their products and service are also first rate.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin