Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,678   Posts: 1,482,172   Online: 1044

Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891011121317 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    We are a sponsor of APUG. We have Bainbridge ArtCarearchival mat board (the best board out there and the one we use ourselevs, a custom cut overmat service with our computerized mat cutter, archival storage boxes, and archival negative folders for large-format negatives, all at prices lower than anywhere else. We also have Nielsen metal-section frames at great prices. We have no minimums and special sizes are treated just like standard sizes--everything is custom cut. www.lodimaarchivalmaterials.com. Many of our new customers are disgruntled Light Impressions former customers.

Michael A. Smith
    Michael, I tried calling Lodima to place an order but there was no answer. I feel like the universe is against me matting my work!
    Francesco Fragomeni
    www.FrancescoFragomeni.com

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Archival methods, I believe was one of their suppliers at one time.

http://www.archivalmethods.com/

Might be better choice.
    Rod

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Rod, you're everywhere! Haha! Thanks for the link, I'll check them out now. I tried calling Light Impressions again right after I got your email and sure enough it rang for 20 min.
    Francesco Fragomeni

Keep trying...Lodima Archival Materials has great service, and is appropriately priced. Frame Destinations, as you might know, is another APUG sponsor, and their products and service are also first rate.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Figured out why I couldn't reach them. They have to update the homepage with their new number. For reference, the new Lodima number is 610-847-2007.

I called and spoke with Michael A. Smith which was a nice surprise and got my order in with no problem. I'm looking forward to receiving these boards.

Thanks everyone for the help.

P.S. Lodima doesn't yet carry buffer mount paper for dry mounting the prints to the board (but I think they might in the near future). Can anyone recommend a good source for acid free archival buffer mount paper? Thanks.
    Francesco Fragomeni

Just bought some from B&H.

You will also need some tyvek tape, or the equivalent, to tape the boards together...and you will also need a small amount of release paper...and a tacking iron...I assume that you already have most of what was mentioned, but just in case......:}

Thanks, Francesco, for calling our phone number problem to our attention. We have it fixed now. All calls are directed to 610-847-2007.

Michael A. Smith

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Fragomeni View Post

P.S. Lodima doesn't yet carry buffer mount paper for dry mounting the prints to the board (but I think they might in the near future). Can anyone recommend a good source for acid free archival buffer mount paper? Thanks.
    I'm confused. Are you seeking the dry mount tissue that goes between the print and board or "release paper" that goes between the press and artwork?

I've been successful obtaining dry mount tissue on EBay. I've heard folks mention parchment paper as a substitute for release paper.

Good luck,
    John Bowen

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've only ever called it dry mount tissue or buffer tissue. Im talking about the material that adheres the print to the board when you put it in the press and apply heat.
    Francesco Fragomeni

Shooter
    Large Format
    Depending on what size you need, Freestyle is an excellent supplier, and not far from you.

http://www.freestylephoto.biz/181211...ts?cat_id=2301

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin