Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,645   Posts: 1,481,251   Online: 737

Shooter
    Med. Format RF

project I'm pursuing

Hi everyone. I am interested in releasing a limited edition run of 125 "zines" of my photography from the past 4 months (I only shoot with film, thus I thought it would be relevant to you). I am hoping to get my project funded from kickstarter and if you would take a look I would be very appreciative. Any advice or suggestions about publishers would be great, so far all I have is PoGo Books in Berlin, Germany. Thanks

things i did when i was dead

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Also, if this is in the wrong forum I apologize. I couldn't decide between this one or introductions.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Damn, who's the girl??

Hah, sorry, not a creeper, not a creeper...

I say good luck and god speed!

What happens if I donate $6 but you don't get to your goal?

I think this Kickstarter format is an intriguing new thing, and just the kind of thing needed to support small, localized efforts like this.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    If you're going to use traditional photo methods, shouldn't you use traditional zine methods? Get a job working the night shift at Kinko's, run them off when the boss isn't looking, then trade them for stamps.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    That's a rad idea Moopheus ^ I might actually check that out as I would love a second job. (Winter quarter doesn't start for another month). In the likely event that that fails though, either PoGo is going to get my book or maybe my local printer.

If you pledge your six bucks or whatever and the project doesn't make it to $1200, then the project doesn't get funded and I try something else. Your money doesn't change any hands until after January 7, when the project is either funded or dead in the water and I go to school. Does that make any sense?

The girl is my neighbor, been close friends with her since about 8th grade I think when she moved in. Such a cool girl, she doesn't act nearly as good looking as she really is.

Appreciate the replies, guys. I'm trying a new thing where I actually promote myself instead of talk shit about my photos, so far it's working out.
    Last edited by rphenning; 12-02-2010 at 11:13 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: clarity

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ok, so I guess my question is, will I get a book if the funding fails?

Oh, so literally the 'girl next door'.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Not from this specific project, no. I would probably just slap it up on my website then save up for the bigger publishing project that this is a wet run for. What I am saying is eventually I am going to do this, it's just a matter of time and money.

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Images
    You might try www.Magcloud.com. Cost is 20 cents a page. The advantage is it is print on demand so can print 1 copy to start off.

Jon
    Mendocino Coast Black and White Photography: www.jonshiu.com

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    definitely will, thank you ^

so far so good, I have high hopes that this will succeed!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin