Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,539   Posts: 1,572,765   Online: 870

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pricing methods

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Sometimes I think Lik's pictures are sold to cover up drug sales from the IRS. His prices are way too high for his poor calender art taste.
    www.gregorytdavis.com

Did millions of people suddenly disappear? This may have an answer.

"No one knows that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." -Matthew 24:36

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Just out of curiosity I went to a local photo gallery, asked a few questions, and learned some interesting things.

First, the primary market they sell to is new home owners and in the price range of about $800 for 8x10s at the bargain basement end on up to $8,000-ish. The norm seems to be in the $1200-1500 range.

Second, the primary products they sell are "standards". National Geographic shooters, Borges, HCB, Erwitt, and other famous shooters. There are lesser names but "they fit the mold". This is not always what is shown "up front".

Third, up front is where the $200-500 photos are. My impression is that the work up front is constantly being rotated to "keep things fresh and generate interest", a good reason to come back each month for a peak at what's new. They happily sell some of this work but it was absolutely clear "that ain't where the money is".

Forth, business has been good, really good, for the first time in two years.
    Mark Barendt, Beaverton, OR

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Davis View Post
    Sometimes I think Lik's pictures are sold to cover up drug sales from the IRS. His prices are way too high for his poor calender art taste.
    I know this isn't Facebook, but where's the "Like" button !!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin