Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,710   Posts: 1,482,920   Online: 1009

Thread: Displaying work

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Displaying work

Hi people.. I am sure that this issues has been beat to death but I am on a time-frame.

I am about preparing for my first solo exhibition and looking for ways to display besides the matt/frame route.

My question: Have any of you exhibited work with no frame just the photo mounted on thick foam core with a hanging wire? If you have is it possible to upload some sample?

I am open to other suggestion..I would like to save time and money but in way I want it to look bad.

Prints would be 11x14

Thanks in advance.
    n.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    My personal taste, for a temporary exhibition in "friendly" environmental conditions, is to put the prints beneath simple overmats of a very light, warm tint. No frame, no glass. You can either hang them or put them on some table supports. They should be quite cheap, I usually get the prints finished in their overmats for roughly 1€ each.

Hope it helped, and congrats on your debut ;-)

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    There are several methods like you describe. One common method is to have it face-mounted onto the back side of plexi and then floated off the wall with a piece of aluminum bar on the back. I have some done this way without the plexi, just mounted onto a piece of rigid Sintra plastic with an aluminum frame adhered to the back so it sits an inch off the wall. It looks good. I should add a shameless plug that I am writing a textbook on contemporary mounting and display techniques for photographs.
    www.gregorytdavis.com

Did millions of people suddenly disappear? This may have an answer.

"No one knows that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." -Matthew 24:36

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin