Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,211   Posts: 1,531,988   Online: 1114

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed Sukach
    All I use is run-of-the-mill card stock... with the title and price and my identification on each label. Any word processing program should do - I use WordPerfect.
    Glad to hear that WordPerfect is still being used. Best damn word processing software!!! I use a MAC and Corel stopped supporting WP for the MAC some time ago. Howard Tanger

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed Sukach
    If you really *must* place them on the wall, we REQUIRE the use of a water-soluble glue; kindergarten-type "glue sticks" work very well and are easily removed with a wet cloth
    That's a good idea. I hadn't thought of that. Will it hold for a month? I think that I'll do a test on one of my walls.

Thanks Ed.
    That is called grain. It is supposed to be there.
    =Neal W.=

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by lee
    There is a translucent material that is in the lable format and you can print it on the computer and when on a white wall is transparent and the type is all that shows.
    Take a look at clear Avery Labels for this purpose: http://tinyurl.com/4pk4v

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Gordon
    Take a look at clear Avery Labels for this purpose: http://tinyurl.com/4pk4v
    Michael,

Welcome to the site. I've seen your website; got it bookmarked. Very impressive. I hope you will share some of your talent. It would be good to see someone else that does color landscapes.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    thanks for the ideas

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I just hung a photo show this week of 23 prints. I needed the small info cards you are talking about. I found Avery 2"X4" labels,12 or so to a sheet that can be printed in most programs. Word, works and a few others. Just put in the number code and the program sets up the printer. The labels have rounded corners which are fine if you just want to put them on the wall. But I wanted them to be on cards and squared off. So I placed them next to each other in rows on a 4 ply mat board and trimmed the edges cutting six sides with each cut. The cards came out great. I applied them to the wall under the framed prints with "Fun Tack" which is a soft puddy which holds well put can be removed without damaging the wall.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    niceone Gerald thanks

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I suggest the Avery labels on foam core cut to small sizes - this allows the sign to stick out a bit from the wall and looks pretty nice. Attach to wall with a small piece of sticky-tack adhesive or a tiny bit of double-sided foam tape.
    Mark O'Brien -
    At the home of Argus cameras...Ann Arbor, MI
    http://www.geocities.com/argusmaniac/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin