Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,009   Posts: 1,524,612   Online: 1041

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    the villages .centralflorida,USA and Germany
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I use 'Seal Colormount'. It really made for RC but it works well for RC and FB.
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RalphLambrecht View Post
    I use 'Seal Colormount'. It really made for RC but it works well for RC and FB.
    The problem was that older dry-mounting presses used shellac based tissues which needed high temperature, and until the late 70's or early 80's that was all that was widely available.

With the widespread take up of PE & then RC papers which almost wiped out FB papers there were problems with dry-mounting as the temperatures affected the plastics/resins. So new synthetic tissues were formulated which worked at far lower temperatures, these were PE/RC friendly, however they also work just as well with FB papers.

To answer the OP, my own press is a very old Ademco, from the 40's or 50's but it works fine for both RC & FB papers, and with the modern lower temperature tissues I still use the same high power setting, but for a fraction of the times needed for shellac tissue.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks Ralph and Ian. (I didn't mean to hijack the thread). Currently I'm only using FB paper. Initially I assumed since Colormount was for RC somehow it wouldn't work with FB. But I think I will try it now.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A company called Crescent makes a product called "Perfect Mount". http://www.crescentcardboard.com/pig0721.html

The material is very good for heat sensitive materials.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael R 1974 View Post
    Thanks Ralph and Ian. (I didn't mean to hijack the thread). Currently I'm only using FB paper. Initially I assumed since Colormount was for RC somehow it wouldn't work with FB. But I think I will try it now.
    I've not used Clormount but the lower temperature tissues I've used for RC papers are just as good for FB, and in fact are designed for use with both.

Ian

the villages .centralflorida,USA and Germany
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael R 1974 View Post
    I've used it for 15 years without a single issue.
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin