Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,693   Posts: 1,482,464   Online: 943

Shooter
    35mm

passepartouts and storages

Hi all,

two so wide questions:

1. Which format do you print in MF? Do you use standard square frames and passepartouts (not often very reliable at cheap costs)? Do you use a self cutting passepartout or similar?

2. What do you do with all the picture you make? An album? gifts to friends ? business?

Just to have ideas

Thanks
    Denny

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi
    Quote Originally Posted by stark_674 View Post
    Hi all,
    1. Which format do you print in MF? Do you use standard square frames and passepartouts (not often very reliable at cheap costs)? Do you use a self cutting passepartout or similar?
    Its all custome, but I use a Logan passepartout cuter, which cuts perfect passepartouts in minutes. I also visit a lot of second hand shops/markets and pick up frames for $2-50$ (depending on the frame) which has some horrible painting/drawing/photo inside and just convert it to my use. You can find a lot of really good frames for $2-$5 dollar which has really bad paint work but otherwise in really good condition. A bit of paint remover and a can of black spray paint and you have a really nice looking frame.
    Quote Originally Posted by stark_674 View Post
    2. What do you do with all the picture you make? An album? gifts to friends ? business?
    1: Framed which is either hung on my wall, at the photo club (we have a gallery), sold or if a friend like it might en up as a gift
    2: In my slip case portfolio (i use the one from silverprint), this is use to show galleries and other that might be interested
    3: Storage, I use the portfolio box from silverprint. These are prints that I like, it might be a work in progress and this print is done, or it might be a work that I have finished but not 100% happy with, but still want to save it. I note in my print journal were a specific print is stored/sold/kept.

A picture I am working with I have it posted (non framed to start with) in my daylight room or home office, so I can look at it and make notes what I want to change. For me it takes 1-2 weeks of random looking at a print to figure out were i want to go.

cheers
    Denny

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I find 90% of my frames at flea markets, thrift shops, and yard sales. I dont buy just any frame, it has to be quirky. As far as passpartouts, my neighbor has a frame shop,and matts all my prints for the frames. I buy the remaining 10% of my frames from her as well. I'm a big fan of antique oval frames, and often shoot with that in mind.

My wife uses the prints as decor, and we guift them. I give many to charity fund raisers locally, they actually generate decent donations. I do sell some from time to time.

I dont store many prints, when I do they end up in an empty photo paper box, usually until I figure out its fate, then it gets pulled out.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum
    BTW: the big kid in my avatar is my hero, my son, who proudly serves us in the Navy. "SALUTE"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I also use a Logan cutter for the mattes. You can find used for under $100 US, and easy to learn.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin