Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,900   Posts: 1,584,400   Online: 691

Shooter
    Large Format

dry mounting color prints

I have to dry mount some prints for my school, some of which are inkjet color prints.
    My experience is all with conventional silver prints, and I'm concerned about the heat of the press melting those infernal inkjet prints. I know it can be done without damage; does anyone out there have authoritative information on times and temperatures?
    Thanks,
    Steven Nestler
    www.stevennestler.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Inkjets mount the same as color paper, no problems that I've encountered.
    Gary Beasley

Images
    Good Evening, Steve,

Absent any detailed information to the contrary from the paper manufacturer, I'd suggest using Seal's Color Mount tissue in the same manner as for any RC print, B & W or color. It requires a fairly small temperature range; too cool, no stickum, and too hot, damage to the print. Seal sells temperature indicator strips which help a lot. Other than that, the process is straightforward, but it involves more separate steps than with standard mounting tissue. Be sure to pre-heat the mount board to remove any moisture; be scrupulously clean, since any dirt trapped in the sandwich shows up easily as a very obvious bump under the print surface.

Konical

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have been told that heat could cause a reaction to the dyes used for inkjet inks although I've seen no test results. The person who told me this does work in inkjet technology, as a result I never drymount my inkjet prints. Perhaps you would consider corner mounts especially effective if the prints are to be displayed in a frame behind glass.
    "Digital circuits are made from analogue parts"
    Fourtune Cookie-Brooklyn May 2006

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin