Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,940   Posts: 1,557,468   Online: 891

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Not to be a downer, but high end web sites and internet applications is my industry. $5000 is very low. You could get the designs (mock-ups) for $5k if it was a very basic site without any special requirements, but no code. When you use words like best high-end, even for a simple site the price range would start closer to $60k all in.

Are you sure you really need high end work? It is usually reserved for companies that have unique needs.

I agree with segedi, an off the shelf site with some css tweaks is more suited for a simple photo site.

Shooter
    35mm
    Ok, I just need a $5000 dollar photography website.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I set up a Clickpic site last year. I am very happy with the results but it did take me a long time to get it as I wanted it. The user guides are very basic and there seems to be several different ways of achieving the same results which can make things a bit confusing. But the help staff are very good and answered all my questions quickly. And the price is very good as well!

If you are interested, my site is www.sar-photography.com

Is there any particular feature that you need that can only be had by having a custom built site?

Cheers
    Simon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You might check out Livebooks, PhotoFolio or Visual Server.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by haring View Post
    Ok, I just need a $5000 dollar photography website.
    Not to sound facetious but do you NEED or do you WANT? There is a difference.

I agree with segedi, arpinum & SuzanneR. Save your money.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I don't normally plug my wife in the fora I participate in, but you might check her out @ http://www.sarelia.com

She built mine; http://www.silversunbeamphoto.com as well as several others;

http://svetlanayanova.com/
    http://www.pricelessreflections.com/
    http://www.melissafranklinkahn.com/

High end is kind of open ended, BTW. Costs vary depending on complexity. She's built websites for large clients (Hawker Aerospace, Laclede, BioSource) and each client has their own, unique, needs. So yeah, if you need custom application development it's gonna cost $$$$$$$. If your needs are less grandiose, then costs are much lower.
    Last edited by Gadfly_71; 05-27-2011 at 03:59 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: forgot some stuff

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by arpinum View Post
    Not to be a downer, but high end web sites and internet applications is my industry. $5000 is very low. You could get the designs (mock-ups) for $5k if it was a very basic site without any special requirements, but no code. When you use words like best high-end, even for a simple site the price range would start closer to $60k all in.
    Not for a portfolio website. What you are talking about are database driven websites where you need a designer, front-end developer and backend coders where the site needs to be constantly updated.

I do websites as well and I'm a photographer. If you want something custom, I'm a web designer as well and can help you out, but I agree with most here that you could try Livebooks or APhotoFolio. I used to be with Livebooks for 4 years and was very happy, although if I had to choose now in 2011, I'd go with APhotoFolio because I like their templates better.

If you want something even more cost effective, I'd learn how to use Wordpress. It's free.

Here's my new redesigned site: www(dot)paulcisneros(dot)com

Shooter
    35mm
    I need it.
    Last edited by haring; 12-07-2011 at 11:29 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    What don't you like about your existing website?
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

"civility is not a sign of weakness" JFK

"The Dude abides" - the Dude

Shooter
    35mm
    I would like to have a more refined, clean look for my wedding website. You will see if you have a look at it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin