Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,507   Posts: 1,543,530   Online: 1032

Shooter
    Medium Format

Hello, advice on postcard printing.

Hey everyone,

I have an idea to promote my facebook photography page and my upcoming website by sending out postcards to the first 200 or so that "like" the page or sign the guest book. I know this could get expensive but its just a one time thing to get things moving. I was hoping the community had some suggestions on some on-line companies that do well with printing postcards or other such promotional materials.

Thank You,

tjg

Long time read, infrequent poster.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Do you have the ability to make prints yourself? If so, it's easy and cheap. Just takes some time.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Images
    psprint.com an uprinting.com are two companies to check out.

Jon
    Mendocino Coast Black and White Photography: www.jonshiu.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've used Modern Postcard and have been very happy with them. They are easy and helpful to work with and the quality is quite nice. I will be placing another order with them soon.

www.modernpostcard.com

Richard Wasserman

http://www.richardwasserman.net

Shooter
    35mm
    If you are anygood at photoshop, you could photoshop what you like and then print them out as 4X6s for really cheap.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Two options:
    1 - a place that does printing, like 4-color printing. You can get stuff printed on the front and back, on card stock, etc.
    2 - a photo printer like WHCC. Just make a ton of 4x6 prints. The print quality will likely be higher, but it will be on photo paper not on card stock. Also probably won't have printing on the back.

Of course, some places do both. Just a thought.

Shooter
    Multi Format

Check out MPIXpro.com or MPIX.com

I have used MPIXpro for a similar promotion. Since they specialize in photographic printing, you can be sure they will do a good job for you.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    BargainBasementPrinting.com has great bargain printing. I definitely wouldn't recommend trying to print them yourself; you'll spend a ton of money on ink and they won't look as professional as if you have them printed for you.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I'd print my own. Considering postage, it might cost up to twice as much as the cheapest commercial printer. OTOH I'd have complete control, could customize for any client in seconds in Irfanview, and can print any quantity on demand.

fdi
    Shooter
    35mm
    I have been very happy with http://www.printplace.com
    4x6, Qty 250, 4-color, double sided for $59
    Even if my cost is less for the ink and paper it is not worth my time to do it myself since I value my time above minimum wage.

Cheers,
    Mark

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin