Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,721   Posts: 1,514,953   Online: 1090

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I take your point about the board changing colour, yes that is imortant to the final presentation and yes it is up to me to decide what best suits my methods and requirements. However, to that properly I needed a better understaning of all the issues.

Thanks for your input, I will admit that the life of the mount was an issue I didn't give any consideration to initially.

Cheers

Martin

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I've always understood it to mean at least 100 years which is why color wasn't archival and thus discounted as a good art investment. I believe financial intersts are behind the drive towards archival standards. After all, if you want to sell prints at high prices, they need to last a long time. 'Moonrise' would not sell for over $100K if the print would not survive the buyer.

-Mike

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin