Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,000   Posts: 1,524,347   Online: 781

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    ROL
    Shooter
    Multi Format

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    That is a really nice description.

Thanks.
    In europe dry mounting is not that known with photographers.
    A lot use spray glue which is a pain in the ...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You need to warm up & dry out the mat board first, otherwies you get problems with water/steam and the board can stick to the print surface.

Ian

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Willie Jan View Post
    Hi,
    I am using a t-shirt press to dry mount my FB paper onto a museum (archival) board.

What I do is that I put the photo with the tacked tissue onto the board, on top of that I put a piece of baking paper and a piece of paper on top of that. Than i close the press. 85C for 1.5 minutes.

When using matt adox paper, i get strange figures on the surface because the baking paper is getting structures in the paper due to the heat and these while pressing can be seen by the eye as a more shiny area.

Is there a better way?
    First of all, one should use silicone-release paper. But don't think: the wrinkles disappear. They might show up with silicone release paper too. The wrinkles are a result of too much water in the materials, like the board, photographic paper etc. Therefore, one should remove the surplus of water first. To that end, I heat the materials first and let them cool outside the press first, to remove the moist. Further, therte are different qualities in the siliconen-release paper. Some give the wrinkles easily, others less. The siliconen-release paper can be obtainede from Cami, Oostende, Belgie.

Jed
    Last edited by Jed Freudenthal; 09-28-2011 at 03:33 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    That is a good one Jed. To much water in the material. That i didn't think of that before...
    Thanks.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Someone mentioned to use teflon backing foil which is used to cook for example meat without any additional oil.

Anyone experiences with this?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin