Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,501   Posts: 1,543,333   Online: 933

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    For both North America and Europe (offices and warehouses in USA and Great Britain)

http://www.conservationresources.com/

These are the folks that developed and patented the ArtCare and MicroChamber products.
    Last edited by Vaughn; 10-12-2011 at 02:27 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Any suggestions for wood framing? We need to frame some artwork. Have used Frame Destination in the past, but they don't have what we're looking for in terms of a frame.

Many years ago we used American Frame; any recent experience with them?
    "Far more critical than what we know or do not know is what we do not want to know." - Eric Hoffer

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I have had very good experience with American Frame in Toledo, Ohio USA.
    http://www.americanframe.com

You can buy supplies to mount your own or have them cut the mats and send the frame parts. In my retirement I take advanced photo courses at U Akron, OH. They require twenty 11x14 prints or larger, matted and over matted per course. Some of these have gone on to have shows requiring frames and glass. My images have ranged from 7x17 contact prints to 20x24”. I have used Nielsen (spell) extruded aluminum frames, though many others are offered. They now offer free shipping on orders exceeding $50.00. They say they will ship frames in two days, but my experience with mats and frames has been that they ship within 24 hours of your order.

A large portion of their business is school related so you are likely to have better service and talk to people that can take more time with you if you avoid the last week before college terms end.

I have also had good experience and buy many other supplies from Hollinger Metal Edge.

Because of bad experience it has been several years since I bought from Light Impressions.

John Powers
    "If you want to be famous, you must do something more badly than anybody in the entire world." Miroslav Tichı

fdi
    Shooter
    35mm
    I own Frame Destination, Inc and we have a lot of customers that buy from us and American Frame depending on what they are buying. I have never heard any thing bad about them. Light Impressions use to be a good company, but if you google them you can see that something happened there.

Cheers,
    Mark

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    No need to google Light Impressions; I'm very aware of the problems reported there. A shame as I remember being a happy customer of Light Impressions many years ago.
    "Far more critical than what we know or do not know is what we do not want to know." - Eric Hoffer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I used to use Light Impressions often. I liked their Exter precut mat board and linen tape. From what I see on apug, they're a different company now. Thanks for the links!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin