Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,920   Posts: 1,556,546   Online: 1365

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Helen B
    'ANSI, itself is no more'

ANSI still exists, and it is responsible for a number of photographic ISOs, including the ones on the required purity of chemicals for photo use. It is reassuring to know that the purity of our vital fluids is controlled by the free world.
    Hah!!! I stand corrected. I just visited that site. It doesn't look a lot like the old ANSI that I knew, but you are right ... it still DOES exist!

I'll have to search further ... I tried entering "Film Speed" and a couple of permutations of that ... with no success.

Interesting. THANKS!
    Carpe erratum!!

Ed Sukach, FFP.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It's covered by the ISO standard. Here's the B&W one.

Best,
    Helen

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by bjorke
    Digital ICE etc, do not function on B&W films like Tri-X. XP-2, yes. FP4, no.
    Oops, you're quite right. David.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Before you do any testing or rating of the film you might want to get your camera(s) checked and calibrated, especially if you are using the onboard meter. It's meaningless to rate a film if your shutter speeds and meter are not calibrated. This should be the first step.
    Is there anything donuts can't do.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    The film testing puts that inconsistancy into account. A lot of hardcore large format photographers I know do density testing for every lens' that they own.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin