Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,677   Posts: 1,481,982   Online: 907

dpn
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

How badly did I underexpose ...

I shot two quick rolls of film in two cameras today, and would appreciate more sets of eyes on my calculations ...

I shot my Autocord today, using ISO 400 film. My incident meter yielded roughly f/3.5 at 1/250th of a second. No worries here.

I also shot a roll of Efke 100 in 127 through my Kodak Vest Pocket B. I believe that the aperture was f/11 ("Setting 1"), and the shutter speed was ~ 1/25th second ("I setting").

By my calculations, I underexposed the Efke 100 by two stops and will need to develop it accordingly.

That said, I've had two glasses of wine. My calculations may be unreliable.

1. Would someone confirm or reject my assumption that I need to push my development by two stops?
    2. Any preferred developer suggestions for this film and situation? The massive dev chart suggests Rodinal at 1+25 for 13.5 minutes.

Thanks!

-- Dan

Shooter
    35mm
    f.......1..........1.4..........2...........2.8... ......4........5.6.........8.......11

T........2000.......1000........500...........250. ......125.......60......30.......15

Above micro dev chart makes me think you are not too bad as shot in the VPK for 400, so would be off by 2 stops for 100. But I have had no wine so my figs should be triple checked!

J
    Last edited by jon koss; 01-21-2012 at 09:50 PM. Click to view previous post history.

dpn
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Thanks for verifying my wine math. :-)

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin