Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,548   Posts: 1,544,547   Online: 987

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Where will you be in relation to the camera, in front, behind, on top or where?? If in front, you should be able to see the aperture blades close down which is good enough an indicator/confirmation that the shutter has fired?
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

A comfort zone is a wonderful place. But nothing ever grows there.
    —Anon.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If you are far enough away not to hear the shutter opening and closing then that could be problematic with a standard bulb.
    An idea would be to adapt the bulb from a blood pressure cuff for the purpose. The bulb can be locked after squeezing via the screw valve that is part of it. When the time period is done then open the valve to complete the exposure.
    This, of course, depends on an air tight connection to all components. Otherwise leak down will cause a failure to remain open for the indicated exposure.
    The mirror slap issue with long exposures is negligible. During the last full moon I made landscape exposures using a SRT 101b with and without MLU. There was no noticeable difference. All negatives were sharp with an 8X loupe.
    Last edited by Wade D; 02-19-2012 at 02:48 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: spelling

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Cheers. I went out on Friday night to give it a try...but:
    • Before I went out, I gave things a try - Idiot....the mirror is always reset by the winding action, not the photo taking, so when the bulb is released all you get is the click....face palm...
    • It was too windy when I got to my location (about 50 metres walk)...so there was no point.

As mentioned elsewhere, I have plans to make an electronic remote release....but I have spent a bit too much over the last month or so.

Cheers for everyones advice!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin