Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,867   Posts: 1,583,210   Online: 888

Shooter
    4x5 Format

BTZS ExpoDev for iOS is now available in the iTunes store

I am happy to announce that BTZS ExpoDev for iOS v1.0 has been approved and officially released. It won’t be searchable in iTunes for a few days or so, but in the meantime you can use these direct links:

Official app website with links to the app in iTunes, feature information, screenshots, the user manual, and info on how to get support: http://TinyOctopus.net/ExpoDev

Direct link to BTZS ExpoDev in iTunes: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/btzs-expodev/id507385770

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Just purchased, thanks, been waiting a long time for this.

Roger

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Thoms View Post
    Just purchased, thanks, been waiting a long time for this.

Roger
    Thank you Roger, I really appreciate this.

LJH

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Does this allow you to plot your own data points?

Thanks.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by LJH View Post
    Does this allow you to plot your own data points?

Thanks.
    From David Jade's website: http://tinyoctopus.net/ExpoDev/

"BTZS ExpoDev is the newest generation of ExpoDev for Apple iOS devices. As a companion app for BTZS Plotter, ExpoDev allows you to use your BTZS Film Profiles to accurately calculate B&W film exposures in the field for consistently exposed negatives that are easier to print in the darkroom. ExpoDev was designed for Large Format film photographers working in any traditional or alternative process (including hybrid processes such as film scanning/digital printing)."

LJH

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Thanks, Laura.

I read this on the iTunes store, but it didn't explain the process of getting the data into the App.

So, I guess I'm still wondering...

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Thanks, Laura.

I read this on the iTunes store, but it didn't explain the process of getting the data into the App.

So, I guess I'm still wondering...
    Try this link: http://tinyoctopus.net/ExpoDev/Manual/filmprofiles.html
    The full manual is available for reading. Hope this helps.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    The basic process is, you export the data from Plotter for Windows to a special file that ExpoDev can use (this is the same process for any version of ExpoDev). You then transfer that film file to your iOS device by using iTunes (a simple drag/drop on ExpoDev's document folder) or you can just email the files as attachments to yourself and open them (once ExpoDev is installed). ExpoDev will then import the file into the list of films.

That's about as easy as it can get for an Apple device and I think it's much simpler than trying to use an old Palm device these days.
    Last edited by david.jade; 03-10-2012 at 09:59 PM. Click to view previous post history.

LJH

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Quote Originally Posted by david.jade View Post
    The basic process is, you export the data from Plotter for Windows to a special file that ExpoDev can use (this is the same process for any version of ExpoDev). You then transfer that film file to your iOS device by using iTunes (a simple drag/drop on ExpoDev's document folder) or you can just email the files as attachments to yourself and open them (once ExpoDev is installed). ExpoDev will then import the file into the list of films.

That's about as easy as it can get for an Apple device and I think it's much simpler than trying to use an old Palm device these days.
    So, you still need access to a non-Apple software platform (i.e. Windows)?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    So, you still need access to a non-Apple software platform (i.e. Windows)?
    To analyze your own film tests yes, but you can also use the film testing service that Fred Newman offers here: http://ViewCameraStore.com

Fred will email the film test result files that can be directly imported into ExpoDev on your iOS device.

If you want to run your own film tests Plotter is the only application that can analyze film and export the data needed by ExpoDev for iOS.

I should also mention that Plotter runs very well under OS X through any one of the many available emulators or OS virtualizers (Parallels, Crossover, Fusion, etc...). This is how Phil Davis ran Plotter for years (back when emulators were much rougher than they are now).

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin