Switch to English Language Passer en langue franšaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,732   Posts: 1,515,275   Online: 808

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcallow
    I use a 40cc Magenta filter for e100s/sv
    Most any lab will process e6 for the same price as c41. There is nothing special about it.
    Here a two links to demo pages for a client. The model was shot w/ e100s, rated at iso 25 - 32 (which includes the filter factor for the 40cc mag filter).
    http://69.20.54.220/~visions/base_02.html
    http://69.20.54.220/~visions/base_03.html
    Flat lighting means no strong highlights or shadows and smooth transitions between the two.
    Thanks again! The images on those links look extremely natural for x-processing! Well done. I look forward to giving it a go.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by titrisol
    give it a try
    I usually overespose Ektachrome 200 by 1 stop and have it processed as c41.
    I'd reccomend bracketing a roll of film and test it....
    The results are interesting and the tones may or not please you. I'm a frim believer that you have to try it yoursefl
    Thanks very much T! I'll give it a good run later this week, can't wait to see the results (I think) :o)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Nicole,

I asked the same question a while back. Here's a link to the responses I got, some really good info: APUG.org: Cross processing colour film

I've experimented with Fuiji Provia and Velvia in C-41 and I have to say, I love the saturation and contrasty appearance. I haven't tried Ektachrome yet.

I don't know about the pro-labs in Australia, but the labs I have used in the states have been OK, except for one - Gamma in Chicago - where the owner tried to tell me that cross processing 'screws up' his chemistry and I would have to pay 10 times the C-41 list price! Afterwards, I went back, where the 'regular' counter people took it in and processed it for me at the C-41 listed price without blinking an eye. It's like any beaurocracy - hit and miss, depending on who you get, and how much they know to be dangerous.

Good luck!

Regards, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Cross processing does nothing to the chemistry in the machine one iota....me thinks a ruse to make money on the un-suspecting customers.

Dave Parker
    Ground Glass Sepcialties.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi Nicole
    Erh, best skintones you say ? Hmm :-) I did some Agfa RSX 50 some years ago and to me that was the best film for X'ing. As mentioned the Fuji and Kodak have some nasty green and yellow colorcast. I didn't experience that with the Agfa.
    When overexposed it does make an in my oppinion nice effect on the skintones. That is if you want the almost white. For sure it is fun.
    BTW I never filtered any of my shoots.
    Regards S°ren

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Found this link a few years ago before I 'dove' into cross processing. See if any of it helps you:

Cross Processing Information Page

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  Ś   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin