Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,302   Posts: 1,536,179   Online: 685

Thread: Additive Color

Shooter
    Multi Format

Additive Color

Say I want to do some additive color, using black and white film with R G B filter. Do I want to expose them in the same exposure, or should I adjust according to the filter factors?
    - Derek
    [ Insert meaningless camera listing here ]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Of course you apply the appropriate factors. You need to make three separate exposures in correct registry, too.
    Last edited by E. von Hoegh; 04-11-2012 at 02:20 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The goal is this: If you have a grey card or grey scale, you want the densities to be identical in all 3 negatives. With most films and filters this will require different exposures and could even require different development.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks guys.
    - Derek

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Let us know what your results are, I'm becoming interested in this process. It may end up the only way to do color in the sheetfilm sizes.

Good luck!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by E. von Hoegh View Post
    Let us know what your results are, I'm becoming interested in this process. It may end up the only way to do color in the sheetfilm sizes.

Good luck!
    It's going to be a while since I couldn't find my green filter, but will do!
    - Derek

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Tri-color photography...

There are a couple of sets of filters for which all share the same filter factor... makes it far easier. But my darned memory... I "think" one set is a 29, 47 and 61?? Don't ask me to remember the filter factor...

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin