Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,571   Posts: 1,545,551   Online: 1091

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggie
    I just had this problem whe I was in Zion. We all were out at grafton, the ghost town, and I was doing interior shots of some walls. I was shooting fp4 rated at 65. I didn't do much in the way of mental gymnastics. my initial reading was at f11 I got 8 seconds. So I quadrupled it for 32 seconds. I gave it 20% more development when I processed the negs. I'll add one of the scans of my work prints in a few minutes. All turned out fine. I also forgot I had the yellow filter on the camera.

The work print is actually lighter than what the room was lit. There were windows, but the fast work print I did, I didn't adjust. I just did a straight print with no buring or dodging.
    Neat shot aggie. It sure was nice of Bobby to scrawl how much he loved what's her name back in 1989, on the wall wasn't it.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I've never come up with an exposure greater than about 30 minutes, which included a bellows extension factor. Here's the sequence I use to calculate:
    1) Take exposure reading,
    2) Add filter factor,
    3) Add bellows factor,
    4) Calculate reciprocity and add to all the above.

Try a few shots for experimentation before you try to get the real "keeper".
    Semper Fi & God Bless America
    My Photography Blog

tbm
    Shooter
    35mm
    Re "He is adverse to bright lights", note that the correct word is "averse".

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I don't know if it will help, but I made this little card to help me out in the field. I laminated it just today. Here's a gift to every APUGer!
    aristotelis grammatikakis
    www.arigram.gr
    Real photographs, created in camera, 100% organic,
    no digital additives and shit

Shooter
    Large Format
    I learned the hard way that Efke 100, as well as other old-fashion films, have severe reciprocity problems. Surprising to me is that Efke 25 doesn't, and may even be a good choice in low-light situations. For example, Efke 100 at 100 seconds requires an exposure of 20 minutes ; whereas Efke 25 only needs a 2/3 f-stop increase. Not sure about the math or science; but it does suggest that some so-called slow films may be more responsive to low light levels.
    van Huyck Photo
    "Progress is only a direction, and it's often the wrong direction"

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tbm
    Re "He is adverse to bright lights", note that the correct word is "averse".
    Thank you for your more than helpful response to my situation.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by arigram
    I don't know if it will help, but I made this little card to help me out in the field. I laminated it just today. Here's a gift to every APUGer!
    Thanks! It's the little things like this that push this site (easily) over the top as the BEST! (and the people too)

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by doughowk
    I learned the hard way that Efke 100, as well as other old-fashion films, have severe reciprocity problems. Surprising to me is that Efke 25 doesn't, and may even be a good choice in low-light situations. For example, Efke 100 at 100 seconds requires an exposure of 20 minutes ; whereas Efke 25 only needs a 2/3 f-stop increase. Not sure about the math or science; but it does suggest that some so-called slow films may be more responsive to low light levels.
    Hmmmm...What should I be looking for in the way of knowing if I have done things right? Will the negative be too thin or will it be dense as hell but flat?

PL100 at 3'15" because of a sixty second initial reading with 20% less development time looked pretty good. Nice shadow detail and the highs were not blown out but were pretty thick.

How did you arrive at the 100 seconds equals 20 minutes?

I think I am getting more confused.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by arigram
    Arigram-that's a great chart. I will make one up when I get this figured out. That way I don't have to do the head math again.

I will be using yours when I get my hands on some of the film you have listed.

Shooter
    Large Format
    I was given a chart by a friend for Efke 100 & found Andrew O'neil's times for Efke 25 on the web ( believe at LargeFormatPhotography.info ). Here's a link to a previous discussion on Efke reciprocity. Matt Miller's times of 60 sec -> 8 min 45 sec for Efke 100 shows comparable findings. My limited experience with low-light situations suggests that Efke 100 as well as J&C Pro 100 are very unreponsive whereas Efke 25 may be a good choice if you want sharp detail without the grain of faster films.
    van Huyck Photo
    "Progress is only a direction, and it's often the wrong direction"

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin