Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,682   Posts: 1,482,222   Online: 1039

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mark
    My son is two and a half. He doesn't sit still for a portrait at 1/500. A really aggrevating little guy when it comes time to ship a new portrait off to the grand parents.
    There is a far simpler solution get him a camera with bellows, and let him shoot some images - he'll have far more fun, I did at that age, and my dad took his pictures to prove it. You'd be able to do the same and he'd love emulating you.

In those days my photography was cheap as I only needing imagination not film or processing, I usually took pictures of my new younger sister. This is actuallly a slightly serious post :-) I did have great fun and it was not many years later I learnt to process my first films, aged about 8 or 9.

So get him a camera, anything that looks fun, and he can see through, tell him to be patient and you'll get great images for his grand-parents.

Ian

Images
    There is a made for kids 35mm camera that I have ordered him for christmas. Really big view finder, big button, and the sucker is bright blue. I'll do the film thing every once in a while.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Large Format
    Doughowk,
    The answer to your question is "yes". That is why a lot of people refer to it as reciprocity departure instead of failure. Good way to gain contrast if needed.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by arigram
    I don't know if it will help, but I made this little card to help me out in the field. I laminated it just today. Here's a gift to every APUGer!

I made this little card to help ME out when I am in the field...

averse -not- adverse.

brake -not- break (when dealing with parts that stop the car).

New Orleans -not- N'awlins (if you ain't from there you sound like an idjit trying to).

the City -not- Frisco.

Eine Jaegerschnizle mit pomme frites und salat bitte -not- Gimme some that pork and supersize them fries.

Could I take a picture of ou and send you one? -not- Get the hell outa the way, can't you see I'm trying to take a picture of the TransAmerica building?

It keeps me in good standing...

*L*

tim in san jose
    Where ever you are, there you be.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin