Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,470   Posts: 1,570,911   Online: 903

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need some input

Shooter
    35mm
    I guess the best way to put it would be that I'm trying to figure out what would be the easiest way, with simple equipment (ie a camera without multi-exp capability, lots of space, and no method to home-process), to fake something of this nature. The purpose for me? General curiosity, as well as a bit of debunking.

Quote Originally Posted by E. von Hoegh View Post
    Are you trying to fake a UFO sighting, or learn how fakes can be done?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Yes, if you overexpose slide film by about 3 or 4 stops, it will come out very clear. You certainly could layer a number of slides to composite an image of several items on white backgrounds in this way and then rephotograph the composite.

Layering negs is the approach to take if you have black (4 stops under exposed) backgrounds which would be clear on the negs. Doubling up a C41 colour mask would require some interesting filtration but (I suspect) nothing an enlarger couldn't handle. Requires little to no effort at all with B&W or (of course) photoshop.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin