Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,862   Posts: 1,583,180   Online: 713

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicole McGrade
    Neil, Question: If I do have to push different frames on a film, it'll be impossible to take notes on all frames of course, what instructions do I give the lab?
    Changing EI on the same film would be difficult if not impossible to develop proprerly I think. Personally I would just go with the fastest EI I think I might need. Also, I wouldn't take any chances on slow film. My personal choice would be Delta 3200 exposed at say 1600 for the whole evening.
    Good luck!
    If I had been present at the creation, I would have given some useful hints for the better arrangement of the Universe.
    Alfonso the Wise, 1221-1284

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rbarker
    She came prepared to do Swan Lake, but all I could afford was a rubber duck.
    Odette and Squeaky.
    That is called grain. It is supposed to be there.
    =Neal W.=

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    In a local opera company, I used to see a guy on stage taking photographs. He had 2 big advantages: (1) he worked as an extra (spear carrier) and (2) he was one of the producers. He had a third advantage that he could afford a Leica with an F 1.0 lens (with the pun name, "queen of the night").

One suggestion I haven't seen is this--Can you go to bigger film? Would medium format allow for less grainy images? You might have to rent some gear to get fast lenses.

Matt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thank you all for your suggestions. The show was yesterday and all is done. I shot pretty much for 12 hours straight, that's how long the rehearsals went with around 200 performers of all ages. 10am - 10pm!!! I'll keep you posted.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicole McGrade
    . . . The show was yesterday . . .
    And you don't have anything developed and printed yet?! Sheesh. (lol)

Long day, but I'll bet you had lots of fun with it, Nicole. And, I'm sure I'm not the only one anxious to see your results.
    [COLOR=SlateGray]"You can't depend on your eyes if your imagination is out of focus." -Mark Twain[/COLOR]

Ralph Barker
    Rio Rancho, NM

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi everyone, I got my photos back from the lab and I'm wrapped!!! I'll post a couple of shots soon. Thank you very much for you're input, it made my life easier.
    I actually used my Nikon D70 digi for some 'test' shots to compare. When I loaded them onto my computer I was horrified - and terrified that my film shots would turn out the same!!! Needless to say, film is far superior.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin