Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,735   Posts: 1,515,407   Online: 1084

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    If you are shooting static subjects, why not bracket one stop? I'm generally not a fan of bracketing, but in this case...

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    The only film I have used for the past 10 years is Delta 400 in a Mamiya 7 with 65mm lens with metering done with a Weston V.

My EI for this film is 200. I develop it in Barry Thornton's Two-Bath developer for 5 minutes in each bath using inversion with a Paterson tank.

I am very pleased with this film and, with my way of working, would not use the box speed. Back when I used to teach photography we always started with testing for EI and I found that this tended to be consistent across manufacturer/emulsion type. So if you find Delta 100 better with an EI of 50 then I would definitely recommend Delta 400 with an EI of 200.

With regards to other posts, I have never found 'the highlights to be tricky' with Delta 400 but that is most likely because of using Thornton's developer.

Of course it depends on what you like to shoot but, to give you some indication, every one of the images on my website was made with the above combination.

Best,

David
    www.dsallen.de
    D.S. Allen, fotograf.

Neue 3D Ausstellung/New 3D exhibition: www.german-fine-arts.com/berlin.html
    Neue Fotos/New Photos: http://shop.german-fine-arts.com/d-s-allen.html
    Vita/CV: www.german-fine-arts.com/allen.php

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by batwister View Post
    Properly exposed, full shadow detail. I'm a bit of a zone system slave you see, so I've calibrated Delta 100 to my light meter. Haven't done this with Delta 400 yet.
    When I tested these two films for speed (in my own processing conditions) they were about 2 stops apart. So I think you can expect good results with your equipment using a 200 EI with the Delta 400.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin