Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,471   Posts: 1,570,923   Online: 765

Thread: BRONICA GS1

Shooter
    Medium Format

BRONICA GS1

CAN a 6x6 be used for landscape im new photography and sit

Shooter
    Medium Format
    you can use any format you like, some landscapes work really well with 6x6. i believe the bronica gs1 is 6x7 though.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by STEVEP51 View Post
    CAN a 6x6 be used for landscape im new photography and sit
    Sure thing. 6x7 is a nice format for it, gives you a nice big negative to work with, and the GS-1 in particular is nice because the system is under-valued in the market so wide lenses are inexpensive.

Just get a nice, sturdy tripod for it -- the GS-1 can be, but probably shouldn't be, handheld for this type of shooting and the GS-1 is a pretty hefty camera (esp with prism on it).

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    6x6 backs are available for the GS-1 but if you primarily want to shoot 6x6 then the Bronica SQ may be a better choice as it is smaller and lighter. The GS-1 in 6x7 should be an excellent landscape camera as it is one of the most portable of the interchangeable-lens 6x7 options (except of course the Mamiya 6/7 rangefinder). The one disadvantage of the GS-1 that you should be aware of is that the wide (50mm) lens takes a 95mm filter, which is different from the filter size of most of the other lenses (72mm). This makes assembling a set of filters a bit more expensive than if all the lenses had the same filter size.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I think the GS-1 takes 6x4.5, 6x6, and 6x7 backs.

+1 on the tripod.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I don't use my GS1 nearly enough. I find it is a joy to shoot handheld using a WLF. 6x7 is a wonderful format.The mirror slap sounds like someone cocking a shotgun, but it is surprisingly stable. In one brain-fart moment I mistakenly locked the mirror up for a handheld shot. No straight horizons there.
    Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada

Ansel Adams had the Zone System... I'm working on the points system. First I points it here, and then I points it there...

http://tom-overton-images.weebly.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Sure 6x6 can be used for landscapes. I do it all the time with my Hasselblad:

Chris Crawford
    Fine Art Photography of Indiana and other places no one else photographs.

http://www.chriscrawfordphoto.com

My Tested Developing Times with the films and developers I use

Become a fan of my work on Facebook

Fort Wayne, Indiana

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin